slayer

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by post » Fri November 26th, 2004, 5:32 pm

great show im gonna relisten to every slayer album i own.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sat November 27th, 2004, 1:06 pm

i thought they played really good, but they kinda bored me. The other two times iv seen them i thought it was one of the best shows ever.

Post by post » Sat November 27th, 2004, 2:01 pm

That was the first time ive seen them and i was very impressed. They looked like they couldnt be happier doing anything else. I was hoping that they would open with god hates us all and they fucking nailed it.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat November 27th, 2004, 4:59 pm

yeah, Slayer was fucking awesome! That was also the best $27 I spent and $30 on a shirt. I was looking forward to getting rained on with blood but I didn't see any. I was in the pit area and I didn't see any blood. That dissapointed me. But it was still great to see Raining Blood played live...again! :b0unc3y: Mastodon also put on a killer show! I've never seen them before and they blew me away!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Sat November 27th, 2004, 5:43 pm

The blood didn't go into the crowd (well, maybe the front row somewhat). It rained down on the front of the stage onto the band.

$30 for t-shirts is fucking rediculous..Yeah, i'm sure it's quality shit, but still...$$$$$$

The thing I found amusing was during "Angel of Death" the boneheads did synchonized heils at the words "aryan race" and "holocaust". Looks like they practiced in advance.

the_decapitator

Post by the_decapitator » Sat November 27th, 2004, 7:28 pm

:lol: hahaha

the_decapitator

Post by the_decapitator » Sat November 27th, 2004, 7:34 pm

They probably dont know Araya's Chilean :lol: :lol:

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun November 28th, 2004, 4:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-AmoebicDysentery+Nov 27 2004, 05:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AmoebicDysentery @ Nov 27 2004, 05:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The blood didn't go into the crowd (well, maybe the front row somewhat). It rained down on the front of the stage onto the band.

[/quote]
man, I must've been too busy headbanging to notice the blood.

now playing - South of Heaven
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Mon November 29th, 2004, 5:35 am

their set was too fucking long. they must have played at least 18 songs.

at least i stole a big jaeger banner :m1c:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon November 29th, 2004, 7:18 pm

Haha, I took one last year too. :b0unc3y:

I'm glad to hear it was a good show. Did they play all of Reign in Blood again?

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 30th, 2004, 7:12 am

It wasn't so much a "Wall" or "Rain" of Blood as a Heavy Drizzle, but there was definitely something red and liquidy being pumped out of those white plastic containers on stage-right, and pouring down (kinda) on Tom, Jeff and Kerry. It was a bit of a let-down -- I think we were picturing something like the Centennial Olympic Park fountains spewing blood fifty feet in the air and having it shower down -- but hey, at least we got the blood. Most cities have to do without. :lol:

Apparently there was more blood at the New York show, and I've heard two different reasons for the smaller amount here: Clear Channel didn't want as much 'blood' all over one of their venues, or the band wanted a bit less blood. (Tom had trouble playing his bass in NYC after the blood poured down, and it caused trouble with Dave's kit there, too.) I figure it was probably a bit of both.

Great show! A shame it didn't sell out, probably because of the day. (NO-ONE plays shows on Thanksgiving night....except Slayer.) It worked out for me 'cause I was off work for the holiday and not travelling. I'm not a huge fan of hardcore but I like KSE and they put on a good show; Mastodon sounded great and Slayer sounded great except for Tom's vox, which were too low in the mix until midway through the show. Wasn't inside for the Five L's, but I hear they got consigned to the Five Hells by the audience. :D

Tom left the venue immediately after their set ended and left for the airport in a private vehicle for a late flight home. Consider: did he have time to change or shower before getting to the airport? I wonder if he got stopped by airport security....

"Hold it right there, sir! You're covered in blood!"
"Hey, I'm Tom Araya from Slayer. We just had this "wall of blood" thing and I had to go right from the show to the airport--"
"You're full of shit, buddy. Christ, can't you come up with something better?!"
"Okay, you got me. I got mugged outside the Tabernacle on the way to the airport."
"Shit, dude, sorry to hear that. Atlanta is the third-most dangerous city in America. Step over to the express security check so you'll have time to wash off before your flight."

:lol: :b0unc3y: :wh4cky:
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sat December 4th, 2004, 10:10 pm

HAHAHAHAH