Eluviette, Belphegor, Alestorm, and Vreid Friday Nov 13

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sat November 14th, 2009, 1:41 pm

Was good to see Tommy and ScreamBearerOfFries. I think I saw Diana running about as well.

Kivimetsan Druidi is a really strange band, I recognized a couple songs from their album, not bad but not really my deal. The female singers vocals were a little too loud for me, and their keyboard sound is really odd but it seemed to be a good warm up act.

Vreid I can't say enough about, as this was the highlight of the evening for me. Was quite awesome to see and hear. Longer set required next time around.. THE ULTIMATE GRIMNESS ORGANIZED, WITH MILITANT PRECISION !!! My inner Windir-worshipper would have loved a Windir cover but they pretty much stopped doing those after the Valfar memorial show. It's all about Vreid and Cor Scorpii now, which i can respect.

Alestorm @_@ My Scottish brethren were another of the nights favorites. Wasn't too familiar with them at all, as I figured I'd get into them more after seeing them live.. which was totally the case. I mean really, when was the last time you saw guitar/keetar tandem headbanging and shit. Up the horns for these guys. Was hoping after the set I could afford a shirt of theirs in addition to Vreid, but alas I drank too much beer for this.

My neck was nearly in ruins from Vreid's set but Belphegor drove me to more, Diana come massage my neck damn. The new material live was excellent and I loved their addition to his line up. Slightly dissimilar to the rest of the crew, in that they'd probably just as soon skullfuck a hurdygurdy for The Master than listen to one, but always awesome to see them.

I split after Belphegor as I'd seen Elvuiteituteetete the last two times through town & I'm out on bail so I figured I'd call it an early night and was ready to play Dragon Age and the new Modern Warfare. Prolly should've stuck around but my mood called for ending the night on Belphegor.

Highlight of the Evening - Tired, hungry, sore neck, from out of the stench of soiled bodies, wafts forth the odor of fried potatos. Appearing like a oasis, a basket of timely fries is offered most generously by ScreamBloodyGore. Thanks again man!

Good to see everyone, any of ya'll use MSN?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sat November 14th, 2009, 2:19 pm

I was mainly there for Vreid and Belphegor. Never been able to get into the other bands at all. Vreid was a real pleasure. Unlikely as it may have been, I was hoping for a Windir cover, too. Belphegor was great as usual in spite of excluding Swarm of Rats...yet again. Fuller sound with another guitar now. Even I have to admit that Helmuth sounds progressively more like Kermit the Frog impersonating Arnold Schwarzenegger each time they've been here. Cheers to you regular die-hards.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sat November 14th, 2009, 2:50 pm

The first band was just odd. I couldn't really get into their music. I thought them and Alestorm were just really cheesy, but that is my personal opinion. Vreid was fucking insane, I loved ever minute of their live set. I kind of wanted a Windir cover myself, but I was just as happy to see them live. I agree with Brian, Belphegor really bores me live. Then again I have kind of burned out of Belphegor, but I just expect a better sound from them live. Eluveitie was my favorite set that night. They were amazing live and my mom loved it too.
I loved how the girls didn't mind meeting the fans, but the most of the guys didn't care to meet the fans. When those sluts walked up to the band they sure as hell made their presence known. :lol:

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat November 14th, 2009, 3:27 pm

necroodin wrote: I think I saw Diana running about as well.
What's up with that, dude? Come over and say hi next time! I have no idea what you look like. Also there was a guy that kept staring at me that looked like Brian only a foot taller with a giant red fro. Anybody know who that is? Is that you necroodin? :D

Gene, your mom is sweet. I love that she just sat at that table and took it all in.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat November 14th, 2009, 6:32 pm

V-GER wrote:Sorry Diana that's the clearest one. I think I will have to remedy this!
It is now the wallpaper on my iPhone. It's nice to have a show buddy that's eleventy hundred feet tall.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat November 14th, 2009, 6:36 pm

how have I still not met you necroodin

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat November 14th, 2009, 6:56 pm

I've been lurking on this board for about a year and finally decided to make an account. My name is Sean. I was the guy with a beard and long hair hanging out with Tommy most of the night. I had on a Black Tusk shirt. I think that I have met quite a few of you guys through Tommy. Everyone who I met seems really cool. I was really digging Eluveitie, but I had to leave to go pick my wife up at Atlantic Station.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat November 14th, 2009, 6:58 pm

repost- screwing up already
The Crawling Chaos

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat November 14th, 2009, 9:00 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:repost- screwing up already
But adding to the post count!

Did Tommy introduce us at the benefit show at Little Tree studios, towards the end of the night? I'm Scott.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat November 14th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Knucklehead wrote:
Did Tommy introduce us at the benefit show at Little Tree studios, towards the end of the night? I'm Scott.
Yes, I believe so. You have a good memory. That seems like ages ago.
The Crawling Chaos

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sun November 15th, 2009, 12:20 am

haha greg i have no idea man we must some day. haha sorry diana, when i saw me it was just like this blur of belphegor shirt flying past whaha

i wasnt in the hugest of talkative moods with some recent legal matters on my mind, i just NEEDED the metal last night haha

if any of yall use MSN shoot me your info over on a PM so we can coordinate and just talk better than over this damned thing.

btw anyone know who those two cute japanese girls were??

Chaos

Post by Chaos » Sun November 15th, 2009, 12:54 pm

shit night shit band stupid fucker there not a heathen at all

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun November 15th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
Yes, I believe so. You have a good memory. That seems like ages ago.
Nah -- poor memory. It's just that that was the last show I went too. Unfortunately.

Strange

Post by Strange » Sun November 15th, 2009, 4:30 pm

Seriously killer show. I missed the first band but Vreid kicked ass. I also kinda dug Aelstrom. I need to find out more about their lyrics and such because I think my kids would really like their music.

Belphegor kicked ass. I thought the mix was a bit drum heavy which I know it usually is, but my favorite aspect of Belphegor is the guitars which got a bit bogged down in the mix. Oh, and this...
MS_39455 wrote:Even I have to admit that Helmuth sounds progressively more like Kermit the Frog impersonating Arnold Schwarzenegger each time they've been here.

Feckin' hilarious. Spot on.

Eluveitie were great as I assumed they would be. They seemed to have a really hard time keeping the singer's mic at the right level. Hard to balance the same mic for all out screaming and tin whistle I guess. But their show/songs/presence was great. I cracked up at the violin player though because she was doing the little hip sway like the chicks in the Simply Irresistable video any time she wasn't playing.

Oh and anyone who missed the impromptu after-party on the side street...all I can say is you missed out. The Aelstrom guys were trashed. The singer hopped into Dan's car for reasons still unsure, and then another car thinking Dan was driving off. Some guy came hauling ass down the street on a unicycle. It was amusing to say the least.

I spen the drive home pondering how the hell the HurdyGurdy works.

Good to meet Diana and CPrins. Good to see the rest of you as always. And I'll probably see you all again on Monday!
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon November 16th, 2009, 3:32 am

I missed Kivimetsan Druidi.

Vreid was better live but I still can't get into them. Some of the riffs are good but other than that, they do nothing for me. It was cool to see some of the members of Windir live though...I also wished they would of played a cover but I guess they're moving on. It's weird how I absolutely love Windir, but can't get into Vreid. Oh well.

I saw the dude with the long red hair that I see at every show (not sure of the forum name though...always forget), then met Generubin for the 1st time, then saw Brian. I was gonna talk to you guys but my friend I was with wanted to go find my other friend that was with us because he randomly just disappears all the time. He was outside smoking of course. I also saw this 1 dude I see sometimes and this 1 dude that goes to my church during Alestorm. Basically, there were a lot of people at this show...I was so surprised at the turnout honestly.

Alestorm were fun live, but I can't get into them. I love Korpiklaani and "fun" folk metal, but I don't like them or Swashbuckle at all. They were funny and you can never go wrong with a keytar, but still didn't really like them.

This was the 3rd time I saw Belphegor and this time was the worst. The singer sounded horrible tonight for some reason but the set got better as it was ending. I don't know what it was, but they were not that good tonight. I still enjoyed them anyways.

Eluveitie was amazing. I got rail and even though the sound wasn't perfect, you could actually hear Chringle most of the time, the hurdy gurdy, violin, and sometimes hear the flutes. I was PISSED when everyone screamed for more acoustic because I read that if people scream for more metal, they played the Song of Life (which is my favorite song and they have never played it here) instead of Omnos. Oh well. Still a great show and it was cool to see them headline. They weren't selling Spirit for the 3rd time in a row, which was disappointing, but overall, awesome show.