Monsters of Death tour December 9th

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Monsters of Death tour December 9th

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sun November 29th, 2009, 11:37 pm

At The Masquerade...VADER, DECREPIT BIRTH, WARBRINGER, THE AMENTA, AUGURY, SWASHBUCKLE.

Is anyone going to this?

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Mon November 30th, 2009, 12:21 am

Axial Discorrelation is on this too.

And yes, I'll be there.

Diana

Post by Diana » Mon November 30th, 2009, 12:36 pm

VAAAAAADDEEEEERRRRRRRRR

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon November 30th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Fuck yes I'll be there!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Mon November 30th, 2009, 4:42 pm

wow this sounds like an awesome show! when is it??
We're here to make everything metal... blacker than the blackest black times infinity

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue December 1st, 2009, 2:33 am

It's on Wednesday Dec. 9th. I think there were tickets for it in the WREK Contest Book. (Unlike for Dying Fetus this week, which was weird.....)

Someone at the Marduk show (on this board, I think?) sadly said they were "skipping Vader".....which brought to mind some pretty funky images of a certain Dark Lord of the Sith skipping merrily down the corridors of the Death Star. :lol:

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue December 1st, 2009, 1:33 pm

Augury is on this? I just heard them and really liked it. Guess I should check out Amenta and Swashbuckle to see if I hear any dealmakers or dealbreakers.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Tue December 1st, 2009, 3:18 pm

the amenta are pretty good. industrial death metal is the only way i could describe it though...

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue December 1st, 2009, 3:22 pm

I'm really pumped for this because last time Vader was here I had to miss them. Augury and The Amenta are pretty good too. I can tolerate Swashbuckle, but they aren't really my thing. I'm not into the whole "Pirate Metal" thing. Decrepit Birth is the shit live and so is Warbringer. Hopefully, Warbringer is able to play a full set. Every time I have seen Warbringer there was something wrong.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed December 2nd, 2009, 9:21 am

i can dig swashbuckle. the pirate gimmick is a little questionable and kind of works against them imo but if you stripped the gimmick away the songs are still pretty rippin' thrash metal tunes
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

dart vader

Post by dart vader » Sat December 5th, 2009, 3:04 am

I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about this show. Did anyone go? I couldn't make it, but I got a bootleg of the DNA Lounge show in SF. The sound was great. I don't think Swashbuckle played, but Augury and The Amenta were badass. I had never heard them before. Warbringer was pretty good too, but Vader was pretty stale. They need to hang it up.
\m/

dart vader

Post by dart vader » Sat December 5th, 2009, 3:12 am

dart vader wrote:I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about this show. Did anyone go? I couldn't make it, but I got a bootleg of the DNA Lounge show in SF. The sound was great. I don't think Swashbuckle played, but Augury and The Amenta were badass. I had never heard them before. Warbringer was pretty good too, but Vader was pretty stale. They need to hang it up.
Oh, and Decrepit Birth was good as well, but their set was way short. The vocalist kept saying he had a joint waiting for him so they had to be quick. Augury and The Amenta also had short sets, so my guess is that Warbringer and Vader somehow got their sets extended when Swashbuckle didn't show and the other three bands got shafted.
\m/

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat December 5th, 2009, 3:37 am

haha, I'll let you know once December 9 comes

dart vader

Post by dart vader » Sat December 5th, 2009, 6:02 am

Oh shit, I was thinking it was earlier this week rather than next week. No wonder there's no chatter. I guess I just assumed since they had already played on the West Coast that they had already played in the East since most tours seem to go east to west.

Well, anyway, I recommend anyone into death metal go to this one. Everything I heard from the DNA show was top notch. Vader was probably the least entertaining, and they were decent enough. My personal favorite was The Amenta.
\m/

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon December 7th, 2009, 10:23 am

I'll probably actually go to this one. Vader was really excellent the last time they headlined here.