Monsters of Death tour December 9th

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Thu December 10th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Well shit I did not know that, thx Rat! I remember listening to Running Wild in the mid 80's but really nothing after that.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu December 10th, 2009, 5:24 pm

V-GER wrote:Well shit I did not know that, thx Rat! I remember listening to Running Wild in the mid 80's but really nothing after that.
I had the Gates to Purgatory album, which was their first offering and when they were more "satanic" or whatever. Apparently, two albums after that, they released Under Jolly Roger and it was all puffy-shirts after that.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Thu December 10th, 2009, 11:12 pm

It would have been awesome to see Warbringer again. Swashbuckle was alright but not my thing. They are a really funny live band and I would see them again but I'm not interested in a CD. I wanted to see Augury with their full line up; however, what I saw was pretty good and they are really technical. The Amenta was alright, but Decrepit Birth and Vader were the best bands of the night by far.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri December 11th, 2009, 1:18 pm

Spewtilator wrote:Bill is actually homeless (if you wanna call it that). He lives in a tent by the beach and smokes weed all day with his dog when not on tour.
HAHAHA! Perfect. And it really helps his anti-establishment angle. He has hobo-cred.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Fri December 11th, 2009, 1:33 pm

I would've totally gone if not for the lack of funds and I also acquired H1N1 (or some kinda flu) this week. Ill and broke

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri December 11th, 2009, 1:47 pm

ratanda wrote:Haha what? They sound nothing like Cannibal! A
I swear they did one that sounded just like "No Remorse." How about Cannibal Corpse + that ringwraith from Tvangeste? I'll loan you this CD. You'll grow to love it. :wink:

Also "Rose Funeral" is a stupid name.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri December 11th, 2009, 1:55 pm

Rose Funeral is an awful, awful, awful band.
Deathcore at its worst.

Still pissed I missed Vader but I chose to study for my exam that I just failed anyway.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri December 11th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Brian wrote:Rose Funeral is an awful, awful, awful band.
Deathcore at its worst.

Still pissed I missed Vader but I chose to study for my exam that I just failed anyway.
I sort of got the impression I was the only one in the room that didn't hate them because the Decrepit Birth singer had to tell everyone to behave when he said their name. "Let's not be metal snobs," he said.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri December 11th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Diana wrote:
Brian wrote:Rose Funeral is an awful, awful, awful band.
Deathcore at its worst.

I sort of got the impression I was the only one in the room that didn't hate them because the Decrepit Birth singer had to tell everyone to behave when he said their name. "Let's not be metal snobs," he said.
LMAO, that's great.
I really have no room to be a metal snob because I listen to shit about dragons and wizards on a daily basis, but still. That's awesome.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sat December 12th, 2009, 10:26 am

I'm super late ringing in on this one, but that may have been the worst turnout I've ever seen for such an international bill...just weak...and pathetic. Vader conquered and destroyed as always. They even took care of my ridiculously drunken request for Black to the Blind. This show ruled so hard.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat December 12th, 2009, 10:59 am

MS_39455 wrote:I'm super late ringing in on this one, but that may have been the worst turnout I've ever seen for such an international bill...just weak...and pathetic. Vader conquered and destroyed as always. They even took care of my ridiculously drunken request for Black to the Blind. This show ruled so hard.
Was that you? HAHA!! He said, "You want Black to the Blind? Okay" and launched right into it. You rule.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sat December 12th, 2009, 11:09 am

Diana wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:I'm super late ringing in on this one, but that may have been the worst turnout I've ever seen for such an international bill...just weak...and pathetic. Vader conquered and destroyed as always. They even took care of my ridiculously drunken request for Black to the Blind. This show ruled so hard.
Was that you? HAHA!! He said, "You want Black to the Blind? Okay" and launched right into it. You rule.
Yes ma'am. I've begged for that one the last several times I've seen them. I'm sure it was on the setlist this time, but it still made my evening. Again, what a fun show.

JyStar

Post by JyStar » Sat December 12th, 2009, 12:29 pm

Yeah, that's the lowest turnout i've seen there in a long while for something as classic as Vader... and, i agree with the above guy stating that Rose Funeral is in fact, an awful band. Decrepit was pretty damn grand, though my bud kept complaining about Bill's "antics", and Vader made my whole night.

Swashbuckle was quite alright too - in fact, i was shocked BECAUSE they were good! Didn't care for Augury, and industrials' not my speed, so The Amenta... eh.