Iron Maiden 'Final Frontier' North American Tour...

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Fri June 18th, 2010, 7:58 am

V-GER wrote:The Powerslave show was just one of the best gigs I have ever seen![/color]
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri June 18th, 2010, 9:53 am

V-GER wrote:The Powerslave show was just one of the best gigs I have ever seen!
+2

I was almost 15 and it was the first metal show I ever saw. Accept opened on my leg. And yes, I nearly did soil my drawers when Steve Harris walked on stage.

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Mon June 21st, 2010, 2:25 pm

The San Antonio show was insane. It was sold out to the rafters. Great metal crowd. The floor was general admission for early ticket buyers so I was able to get pretty close - about 20 feet from the stage. I like the newer stuff okay, but WTF? Still, it was a great show with a cool stage set. I was in SA/Austin awhile so I was able to check out a few local bands as well as shows by Blue Oyster Cult, Broken Teeth, Primal Fear, Ignitor and Havok. Havok was fantastic!! Too bad they played the same night as GBH though. It would have been cool to see them too.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 9:28 am

sleyja wrote:I was in SA/Austin awhile so I was able to check out a few local bands as well as shows by Blue Oyster Cult, Broken Teeth, Primal Fear, Ignitor and Havok. Havok was fantastic!! Too bad they played the same night as GBH though. It would have been cool to see them too.
What's a BÖC show like these days? I missed 'em a few years ago when they played the drive-in here.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 9:42 am

MS_39455 wrote:
sleyja wrote:I was in SA/Austin awhile so I was able to check out a few local bands as well as shows by Blue Oyster Cult, Broken Teeth, Primal Fear, Ignitor and Havok. Havok was fantastic!! Too bad they played the same night as GBH though. It would have been cool to see them too.
What's a BÖC show like these days? I missed 'em a few years ago when they played the drive-in here.
I would be into a BÖC show as well, if they are still any good. Looks like they are not coming through here anytime soon.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 10:18 am

MS_39455 wrote:
They usually play festivals, state fairs, bike rallys etc., so you can expect to hear all the hits, but they always throw in a few surprises. They mix in some newer material when they play club dates. I've probably seen them about 10 or 11 times. They're always fun and they still have Rudy Sarzo in the line up.

BTW. That show at the drive in was great. Not many people were interested, so we were right up front and center.

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 4:24 pm

sleyja wrote:and they still have Rudy Sarzo in the line up.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 6:56 pm

I heard some snippets from Powerslave last weekend and I realized that it has been ages since I listened to it. (My copy is vinyl, you see.) Encyc. Met. says that there are several different releases -- I'm wondering, is the '98 remaster worth gettin'?

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 6:58 pm

Personally I cannot stand remasters. I bought a CD copy of Bark At The Moon and on first listen I thought this sounds like shit or something. Then I realized it was a remaster.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 7:02 pm

I hear you, Veege. The CF remasters sound pretty decent, from the little I've heard. But I bought the remaster of Peace Sells and felt like I had been swindled.

That's why I'm askin'.

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 7:11 pm

I really like the remaster of S/T and Killers. I can hear Steve's bass clearer and the drums SEEM punchier. However I bought NotB remaster and it sounds really no different than the vinyl.

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 7:25 pm

V-GER wrote:Personally I cannot stand remasters. I bought a CD copy of Bark At The Moon and on first listen I thought this sounds like shit or something. Then I realized it was a remaster.
Really a killer record. Jake E. Lee's tearing shit apart trying to prove himself and Tommy Aldridge hammers everything back in place. I thought Carmine Appice was actually on drums for the rec (acc to "Bark @ the Moon" vid) but Aldridge took the throne in LeStudio. Think he got booted before the tour. "Rock n' Roll Rebel!" "Center of Eternity!" Etc.

Awesome coverart, too.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed June 23rd, 2010, 1:48 am

sleyja wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:
They usually play festivals, state fairs, bike rallys etc., so you can expect to hear all the hits, but they always throw in a few surprises. They mix in some newer material when they play club dates. I've probably seen them about 10 or 11 times. They're always fun and they still have Rudy Sarzo in the line up.

BTW. That show at the drive in was great. Not many people were interested, so we were right up front and center.
Yep, they pretty much only play "fly-in-fly-out" shows nowadays, typically one-offs. They're pretty expensive, but deliver a solid show.

I remember seeing BÖC at that weird horse-place out in Conyers once, once at Music Midtown, once at a balloon festival at Briscoe Field in Lawrenceville, once at that small, but decent amphitheater in Peachtree City ("The Fred")..... Never a dull venue with them. :)

I apparently missed them at the drive-in show. :shock: I know Eric Bloom from BÖC pretty well (first-name basis, going back to when I ran Michael Moorcock's fan club), so either I didn't hear about it or I was out of town.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sun July 18th, 2010, 12:45 pm

If you have DirecTV you can see an HD Maiden show from the Death on the Road tour. It's running several times over the next couple weeks. Info says the songlist spans their entire career.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun July 18th, 2010, 10:28 pm

i leave in the morning tomorrow to see this show in DC. last show of the tour.
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!