Pestilence tour May/June 2010...no Atlanta date

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

JMincemoyer

Pestilence tour May/June 2010...no Atlanta date

Post by JMincemoyer » Mon March 8th, 2010, 1:54 pm

Technical death metal legends PESTILENCE are pleased to announce their first US tour in over 16 years! Presented by Decibel Magazine and MetalSucks, the 17-date journey will kick off in Baltimore as part of the Maryland Deathfest at Sonar on May 30th and close at the Gramercy Theater in New York City on June 17. Support will be provided by Warbringer, Vital Remains, Enfold Darkness and Sacrificial Slaughter. Advance tickets will go on sale for all shows via http://enterthevault.com starting today.

PESTILENCE released their first studio record since the critically acclaimed Spheres full-length (1994) with 2009's Resurrection Macabre (Mascot Records). The band currently features vocalist/guitarist Patrick Mameli (C-187), returning bassist Jeroen Paul Thesseling (Obscura), new drummer Yuma Van Eekelen (The New Dominion, Brutus) and guitarist Patrick Uterwijk.

PESTILENCE w/ Warbringer, Vital Remains, Enfold Darkness, Sacrificial Slaughter

5/30/2010 Sonar - Baltimore, MD (as part of Maryland Deathfest)*

5/31/2010 Club Mosaic - Chattanooga, TN **

6/01/2010 The Bar - New Orleans, LA **

6/02/2010 Emo's - Austin, TX

6/03/2010 Ridglea Theater - Ft. Worth, TX

6/04/2010 Launchpad - Albuquerque, NM

6/05/2010 Club Red - Tempe, AZ

6/06/2010 Ramona Mainstage - Ramona, CA

6/07/2010 Ultra Violet - Los Angeles, CA

6/08/2010 DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA

6/09/2010 Satyricon - Portland, OR

6/10/2010 Studio Seven - Seattle, WA

6/13/2010 Station 4 - St Paul, MN

6/14/2010 Reggie's - Chicago, IL

6/15/2010 Mod Club Theater - Toronto, ON **

6/16/2010 Les Foufounes Electriques - Montreal, QC **

6/17/2010 Gramercy Theater - New York, NY

* PESTILENCE only
** No Warbringer

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Mon March 8th, 2010, 2:32 pm

I hope they're prepared for the letdown that will be playing in fucking Chattanooga.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue March 9th, 2010, 11:18 am

Well, I'm already seeing them at MDF, but if I can I will try to catch them on the way home.

frozen

Post by frozen » Thu March 11th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Sybaritic will be opening for Pestilence in Chattanooga on Labor Day in case anyone wants to come hang out with us.

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Thu March 11th, 2010, 7:29 pm

frozen wrote:Sybaritic will be opening for Pestilence in Chattanooga on Labor Day in case anyone wants to come hang out with us.
Hey I live 2 hours from Chattanooga, so I might go. Where is the Mosaic club?
----------------------------------

dirtypenis

Post by dirtypenis » Fri March 12th, 2010, 12:02 am

IM SO FUCKING THERE ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY!
SPERM BULLETS!!!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri March 12th, 2010, 1:20 am

I'll be at MDF and see then there!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri March 12th, 2010, 10:41 am

frozen wrote:Sybaritic will be opening for Pestilence in Chattanooga on Labor Day in case anyone wants to come hang out with us.
Nice!!!

frozen

Post by frozen » Fri March 12th, 2010, 12:41 pm

kfoll wrote:
Hey I live 2 hours from Chattanooga, so I might go. Where is the Mosaic club?
Not quite sure. Somewhere downtown Chattanooga. We'll let you know as soon as we find out. Apparently there'll be a suspension show going on too. Interesting. Either way, we're excited to share the stage with legendary bands. I bow down.

www.myspace.com/sybariticmetal

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Fri March 12th, 2010, 10:32 pm

I wonder if these are the same people doing the suspension? I can't remember the names of these people but I'd like to hook 'em up with that clip if possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qFu8DIgyQM
----------------------------------

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat March 13th, 2010, 10:35 pm

might be prentice suspensions... they do shit at lennys on occasion
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

frozen

Post by frozen » Sun March 14th, 2010, 3:14 pm

Spewtilator wrote:might be prentice suspensions... they do shit at lennys on occasion
Well, either way, it's not that important (to me at least). But then again, to each his/her own.

www.myspace.com/sybariticmetal

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun March 14th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Spewtilator wrote:might be prentice suspensions... they do shit at lennys on occasion
I've seen that shit at the Masquerade on 2 occasions. There was some local show there one night and I brought my dad and his friend to this show...I didn't know one of the bands would have a suspension act and needless to say, this gave my dad a horrible first impression of metal :lol:

I had to explain to him, that doesn't happen at metal shows. This was when I was 17 or so and I haven't seen anything like that at a metal show since. I think that shit is so retarded. No offense but I have talked with a few people who do that and they all seem so stupid to me. Oh yeah, when one of the dudes was being suspended, the hooks bent and he fell off them onto the floor and there was a bunch of blood near where he fell...that was so fuckin funny and my dad was like what the fuck is wrong with these people! HAHAHA :lol:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon March 15th, 2010, 6:43 am

Metalfreak wrote:
I've seen that shit at the Masquerade on 2 occasions. There was some local show there one night and I brought my dad and his friend to this show...I didn't know one of the bands would have a suspension act and needless to say, this gave my dad a horrible first impression of metal :lol:

I had to explain to him, that doesn't happen at metal shows. This was when I was 17 or so and I haven't seen anything like that at a metal show since. I think that shit is so retarded. No offense but I have talked with a few people who do that and they all seem so stupid to me. Oh yeah, when one of the dudes was being suspended, the hooks bent and he fell off them onto the floor and there was a bunch of blood near where he fell...that was so fuckin funny and my dad was like what the fuck is wrong with these people! HAHAHA :lol:
haha... yeah that shit is wack. dont get it...
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.