Cro Mags may 13 at the worst venue in the city

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

xforeverxmetalx

Post by xforeverxmetalx » Sun May 9th, 2010, 3:51 am

GameFreac wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
xforeverxmetalx wrote:Other than that I wish people wouldn't light up beside me and smoke in my face but that happens everywhere so I guess I'm just out of luck.
I fucking hate that too. When it's not so crowded, the security will tell them to put it out. It's disgusting. I don't smoke and I don't care to breath in cancer thanks.
It's way better than it used to be. I barely ever smell smoke or see cigs inside anymore after they made it non-smoking.

Thank god.
It's nonsmoking? Since when?

I think it's improved since my first show a few years ago but I still come home smelling like smoke.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sun May 9th, 2010, 11:58 am

GameFreac wrote:I always buy my tickets way in advance because I'm paranoid and like to have the physical ticket in my room like 2 months before the show...even if it's not gonna sell out. But I know most people are not like that...I'm just weird.
I am so paranoid. "Oh my god, this band that no one has heard of is totally going to sell out!" :lol: My husband is like, "What the fuck is wrong with you." Recently my hatred of TicketBastard fees has been winning out over my paranoia and I've started buying them at the door. Fuck TicketBastard in the neck.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun May 9th, 2010, 12:18 pm

xforeverxmetalx wrote:
GameFreac wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
xforeverxmetalx wrote:Other than that I wish people wouldn't light up beside me and smoke in my face but that happens everywhere so I guess I'm just out of luck.
I fucking hate that too. When it's not so crowded, the security will tell them to put it out. It's disgusting. I don't smoke and I don't care to breath in cancer thanks.
It's way better than it used to be. I barely ever smell smoke or see cigs inside anymore after they made it non-smoking.

Thank god.
It's nonsmoking? Since when?

I think it's improved since my first show a few years ago but I still come home smelling like smoke.
since that law was passed in 08 or so...the one that doesn't allow smoking in all ages places. If it were 18 and up then they would allow it but they would lose so much money if they did that.

Yeah, it has gotten so much better though but there's always that one asshole who just happens to stand right next to me, no fail! Yeah, I just move when that happens.

@Diana- I fucking hate ticketmaster so much that I will drive 30 miles to whatever venue just to avoid fees. And I still save more driving!

For a show at the masquerade I'll just pay at the door unless it's Ministry or something big like that.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

xforeverxmetalx

Post by xforeverxmetalx » Sun May 9th, 2010, 3:13 pm

@Diana: I was half afraid the free Death Angel show was going to sell out because I wanted to show up after the first band... I got there and it was like empty haha. Only other one I was concerned about was Carcass a couple years back, and GWAR.

@Metalfreak: I'm likely going to do that for getting Progpower tickets, hate Ticketmaster too. And that's saying something because I HATE driving.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sun May 9th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Diana wrote:
GameFreac wrote:I always buy my tickets way in advance because I'm paranoid and like to have the physical ticket in my room like 2 months before the show...even if it's not gonna sell out. But I know most people are not like that...I'm just weird.
I am so paranoid. "Oh my god, this band that no one has heard of is totally going to sell out!" :lol: My husband is like, "What the fuck is wrong with you."
Haha...knew I wasn't the only one. :lol:

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed May 12th, 2010, 11:46 am

xforeverxmetalx wrote:@Diana: I was half afraid the free Death Angel show was going to sell out because I wanted to show up after the first band... I got there and it was like empty haha. Only other one I was concerned about was Carcass a couple years back, and GWAR.
I KNOW. Why do I torture myself? :lol:

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue June 15th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Any word on when I get to watch Jon Joseph strut around shirtless and be all vegan macho?

Andy

Post by Andy » Sun June 20th, 2010, 6:41 pm

about the smoking thing...

I have been going to the venue since 1994, but stopped from '06-'09 (all concerts anywhere) and then I decide to check out TYPE-O last Oct. and I light up near the stairs during an opening band and security says go outside. wtf?
I asked a different employee at bottom of stairs when did the rule happen and why. same answer as metalfrek says about it being an all ages venue...blah blah blah.
to me that's one of the staples of the masquerade, is being allowed to smoke inside a club. I bet they lost a lot of business because of this stupid law.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon June 21st, 2010, 6:33 am

much rather you turds have to smoke outside then not have the bars operating. boo hoo
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon June 21st, 2010, 11:21 am

Eh...I agree with that law. I dont smoke and don't care to breath it in. At least you can go outside. You can go out front and go out in the back patio. It's not that far of a walk.

As far as losing business, I highly doubt that. Much of the crowd that comes out to the Masq is very young and in these younger generations, it's becoming more and more socially unacceptable to smoke, therefor less people smoke now. The smell is gross, breathing it in is like suffocating, and it causes cancer.

If I go to an 18+ or a 21+ venue and they allow smoking, I will just deal with it. Like the DU for example, if it gets real bad I'll go outside.

The Masq makes smokers go out side and nonsmokers will go outside to get fresh air at smoking venues. If going outside is such a pain in the ass for either, then don't go period.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Tue June 22nd, 2010, 2:07 am

I smoke but I agree with the law and I'm glad it's there. It gets to be too much when 50 people are smoking at the same time and you can't breathe.