ProgPower 2011 (SANCTUARY, IHSAHN, Therion)

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

ProgPower 2011 (SANCTUARY, IHSAHN, Therion)

Post by Brian » Sat September 11th, 2010, 12:51 am

Best lineup in years IMO

Friday:
Sanctuary
Ihsahn
Mob Rules
Eldritch
Darkwatere
Voyager
Creation's End

Saturday:
Therion
Dream Evil
Labyrinth
Red Circuit
While Heaven Wept
Haken
Last edited by Brian on Wed May 4th, 2011, 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sat September 11th, 2010, 9:36 am

I might actually consider going both days for this one.
In my opinion the 2002 lineup still hasn't been topped.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Sat September 11th, 2010, 11:21 am

Arcturus what? Anyway if it's Vortex-fronted no thanks. I can get a drunken homeless man to sing to me for much cheaper here.

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Sat September 11th, 2010, 11:52 am

Anyone interested in a $20 ticket for tonight? I went last night, spent the whole time drinkin' in the bar.

ACCEPT was AWESOME Thursday night though. HOLY SHIT they were great. I saw them a couple of times back in the day and they were good, but they killed at ProgPower.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat September 11th, 2010, 12:04 pm

man I'd take you up on that but I lucked out and scored a VIP badge last night haha so I'll actually be able to go today. missed all of yesterday...I really wanted to see Seventh Wonder and Kamelot, but at least I'll see Stormwarrior, who was the number one band I wanted to see.

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Sat September 11th, 2010, 12:16 pm

sleyja wrote:Anyone interested in a $20 ticket for tonight? I went last night, spent the whole time drinkin' in the bar.

ACCEPT was AWESOME Thursday night though. HOLY SHIT they were great. I saw them a couple of times back in the day and they were good, but they killed at ProgPower.
SOLD

V03GTLIN

Post by V03GTLIN » Mon September 13th, 2010, 7:21 am

sleyja wrote:

Goddamit. I would have loved to have seen them. But I don't have the cash. New record is great. Tornillo is the shit on vox. I don't miss Udo at all. Accept is Uh-LIVE.
doubledogpaleale wrote:fuck you and your mall shirts.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon September 13th, 2010, 10:31 am

sleyja wrote:Anyone interested in a $20 ticket for tonight? I went last night, spent the whole time drinkin' in the bar.
You didn't watch any of the bands Friday night? How much did you pay for that ticket?

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Mon September 13th, 2010, 4:10 pm

ratanda wrote:
You didn't watch any of the bands Friday night? How much did you pay for that ticket?
I had to work until 6:00, so I missed the first three bands. The only band I watched a full set of was Nocturnal Rites. There's usually a couple of good surprises, but musically, Friday night was pretty much a bust for me, still had a good time though.

Saturday night was better.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon September 13th, 2010, 9:42 pm

sleyja wrote:
ratanda wrote:
I had to work until 6:00, so I missed the first three bands. The only band I watched a full set of was Nocturnal Rites. There's usually a couple of good surprises, but musically, Friday night was pretty much a bust for me, still had a good time though.

Saturday night was better.
Haha cool, Nocturnal Rites was the only band I cared about, so couldn't justify paying $75 just for one band. I saw their set list and don't regret missing it.

CyanideSandwich

Post by CyanideSandwich » Tue September 14th, 2010, 4:13 pm

Holy shit... Therion, Sanctuary, *and* Arcturus?

I might actually go this time.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon November 15th, 2010, 1:39 am

CyanideSandwich wrote:Holy shit... Therion, Sanctuary, *and* Arcturus?

I might actually go this time.
This will be Arcturus' first, last and only show on U.S. soil, per Simen H., so.....yeah. Reportedly they WILL have Hellhammer on drums.

This will also be Therion's only show this year here, and their last show ever in the U.S., according to what Christofer J. emailed me. He says they will be pulling out all the stops for this one-off show and it will last longer than the two hours officially allotted. I am co-sponsoring them, although Arcturus was a close second-place there. (While Heaven Wept bringing in third place.)

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon November 15th, 2010, 7:24 pm

wow I may actually consider going for Therion. I've never been, never was all that interested but I just may have to now! :P
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 16th, 2010, 1:18 am

Metalfreak wrote:wow I may actually consider going for Therion. I've never been, never was all that interested but I just may have to now! :P
Christofer made it pretty clear in his email that this will be THE show to end all shows for them here...because it quite literally is exactly that. Considering how elaborate their last show here was, with all of the personnel on stage, I'm expecting a pretty amazing headlining show this time around.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed November 17th, 2010, 8:52 am

would that include tracks from Of Darkness?