Brutal Truth at the drunken unicorn

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun December 12th, 2010, 4:58 pm

wow I'm kinda glad I didn't go now.

Yeah, I didn't go because I had to wake up at 6am the next day. I had woken up that early on Friday as well so I said fuck it I'm going to sleep lol
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun December 12th, 2010, 7:04 pm

I didn't think it was bad at all. They played more Extreme Conditions material this time than any other time I've seen 'em. Could always use more though. I thought it was a good show.

nocommands

Post by nocommands » Sun December 12th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Matt wrote: i just dont know. i thought such a legendary act could deliver a more professional show.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon December 13th, 2010, 8:06 am

Matt wrote:why was the drummer using spewtilators kit?
apparently withered was supposed to backline their gear fro brutal truth or something but when they dropped everything just kinda got thrown up in the air. we let them use our drum kit and danny lilker used my bass rig... i am now superior to all of you.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon December 13th, 2010, 11:51 am

So it wasn't just me haha. I've seen Brutal Truth at the Masquerade (which I hardly remember at all), both the outdoor stage and indoor stage at MDF and the sound was always crappy. Lotta noise and just difficult to hear and pick things out.

So I figured being on a small stage at DU would benefit their sound. But it still sounded like a lot of noise where it was difficult to hear and pick things out unless you already knew the songs. I don't know if it was because of the guitar tone or what.

And yeah, Rich Hoak was a monster on those drums. His blasts were nuts.

But overall I'm glad I went and I had a good time. The songs I knew I really enjoyed.

Strange

Post by Strange » Tue December 14th, 2010, 4:30 pm

Ryan wrote:danny lilker used my bass rig... i am now superior to all of you.
That is pretty bad ass. I've met him, but have never had occasion to let him borrow my gear.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue December 14th, 2010, 4:45 pm

Strange wrote:
That is pretty bad ass. I've met him, but have never had occasion to let him borrow my gear.
haha yeah, he was super nice. i broke a string about 2 songs from the end of our set and when i talked to him afterward he said i could have borrowed his bass. :shock:
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.

Strange

Post by Strange » Tue December 14th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Ryan wrote:
Strange wrote:
haha yeah, he was super nice. i broke a string about 2 songs from the end of our set and when i talked to him afterward he said i could have borrowed his bass. :shock:
If you'd done that you should have made the rest of the band tune to you.

I think they would have understood.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Tue December 14th, 2010, 5:13 pm

Despite being incredibly high and fairly drunk, I didn't really notice any sound problems.

Though I was up front, being incredibly high and fairly drunk.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Tue December 14th, 2010, 10:50 pm

I'm wondering if I was at the same Brutal Truth show as some of you? The shit fucking ruled. I certainly don't go see grind bands to "hear every sparkling note".

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue December 14th, 2010, 11:46 pm

haha yeah, he was super nice. i broke a string about 2 songs from the end of our set and when i talked to him afterward he said i could have borrowed his bass. :shock:[/quote]

The metal gods have smiled upon you.
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:
Though I was up front, being incredibly high and fairly drunk.
Nothing wrong with that big hoss
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

nocommands

Post by nocommands » Fri December 17th, 2010, 8:27 am

Azrael wrote:I'm wondering if I was at the same Brutal Truth show as some of you? The shit fucking ruled. I certainly don't go see grind bands to "hear every sparkling note".
I can see that logic for music like that. But i dunno, i think all metal music, actually especially grindcore is more fun to see live when its tight.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri December 17th, 2010, 10:04 am

nocommands wrote:
Azrael wrote:I'm wondering if I was at the same Brutal Truth show as some of you? The shit fucking ruled. I certainly don't go see grind bands to "hear every sparkling note".
I can see that logic for music like that. But i dunno, i think all metal music, actually especially grindcore is more fun to see live when its tight.
i too am a big fan of fast bands being super tight (all bands, really) but i think grind is one of the few genres where i can enjoy blistering walls of high speed noise. i had to split before brutal truth so i can't speak for their set specifically though.

GFx

Post by GFx » Fri December 17th, 2010, 10:21 am

my buddy fern gave away some of the 1070 Scum demos at that show, im pissed i was too broke to make it

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri December 17th, 2010, 10:51 am

GFx wrote:my buddy fern gave away some of the 1070 Scum demos at that show, im pissed i was too broke to make it
check your pm's... and in the future if you want to make the drive to any show we're playing hit me up and i'll put you on the guest list.