attn MASQ: Destruction and Destroyer 666 Tour

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Ryan

attn MASQ: Destruction and Destroyer 666 Tour

Post by Ryan » Thu January 6th, 2011, 10:04 am

Book this please! Looks like they'll be in our neck of the woods... and Spewtilator will gladly open.
German thrash metal veterans DESTRUCTION will embark on a North American headlining tour in April/May with support from Australia's DESTROYER 666.

Commented DESTRUCTION bassist/vocalist Marcel "Schmier" Schirmer: "It feels fantastic to return to North American shores for the first time after our return to Nuclear Blast with a new album as brutal as 'Day Of Reckoning' on our backs. This is the strongest material we have written since [2001's] 'The Antichrist' and we are burning to present these shredding songs and introduce our new 6.6-foot-tall drum animal Vaaver [INDUKTI, ex-UNSUN] live! Of course, all the DESTRUCTION classics will be there; we know what our faithful fans want and we will serve them well! You will feel the force of the strongest lineup we have ever had. Experience the true power and the rigorous precision of German thrash metal live this spring! Can't fuckin' wait!"

Confirmed dates for the "North American Reckoning 2011" tour are as follows:

Apr. 27 - Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
May 03 - Oriental Theater - Denver, CO
May 05 - Reggie's Rock Club - Chicago, IL
May 07 - Harpo's - Detroit, MI
May 09 - Foufounes Electriques - Montreal, QC, Canada
May 10 - Bourbon Street - Baltimore, MD
May 11 - B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York, NY
May 13 - Jaxx - West Springfield, VA
May 17 - Mug Shots - Austin, TX
May 20 - Galaxy Theatre - Santa Ana, CA
May 21 - Key Club - West Hollywood, CA

Additional dates will be announced soon.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu January 6th, 2011, 11:37 am

Fuck Yes. Destruction ruled last time they came through. Good crowd too.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Thu January 6th, 2011, 1:12 pm

stewvee wrote:Fuck Yes. Destruction ruled last time they came through. Good crowd too.
destruction had a terrible crowd last time they came through. kinda suprised me because for such an awesome thrash band i expected more than 70 people.

anyways you have my money if this is booked... and another offer for an opening act

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu January 6th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Was it really that small? It felt like a lot to me. Sheesh.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu January 6th, 2011, 2:45 pm

last time i saw them there was a pretty good number of people there... but that might not have been the last time they were here... i got arrested that night but destruction KILLED.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu January 6th, 2011, 3:45 pm

Ha ha!~

It was like two or three years ago, right? I think Krisiun and 40 other bands opened or something...

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Thu January 6th, 2011, 4:02 pm

40 bands?? couldn't have been the same show. I saw them with Krisiun, Mantic Ritual and Legion X. And i honestly don't think there were more than two rows of people at the front of the stage. Now this was my first Heaven show after Carcass (which was packed to the back) which could have altered my perception of how many people were there, but even our other guitarist remembers it hardly having anyone.

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Thu January 6th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Masq! Please say yes! Do it! Do it!!!

Please?

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Thu January 6th, 2011, 5:12 pm

god damn
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu January 6th, 2011, 5:34 pm

the show i went to was april 4th 2009... not sure who opened, i got there early, decided i didn't give a shit about whoever the opening bands were, went and asked the ticket booth what time destruction was going on and then proceeded to leave and go party with bigmatt and drink whiskey while putting things in my lungs and nose with rafay until shortly before they were scheduled to go on upon what time we returned, entered, RAAAAAAGED, and then left to party more... and then get pulled over less than a minute from my house... good times.

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Thu January 6th, 2011, 6:45 pm

Ryan wrote:the show i went to was april 4th 2009... not sure who opened, i got there early, decided i didn't give a shit about whoever the opening bands were, went and asked the ticket booth what time destruction was going on and then proceeded to leave and go party with bigmatt and drink whiskey while putting things in my lungs and nose with rafay until shortly before they were scheduled to go on upon what time we returned, entered, RAAAAAAGED, and then left to party more... and then get pulled over less than a minute from my house... good times.
ah sad you missed a killer performance then. back before mantic ritual changed all their members they put on extremely good live shows

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu January 6th, 2011, 9:09 pm

I would go to this.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu January 6th, 2011, 11:00 pm

the crowd for carcass might be a little deceptive to compare to an average thrash or death metal show at the masquerade by means of what a good crowd is.
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Thu January 6th, 2011, 11:54 pm

yeah but the difference was just way too huge. i've seen plenty of other thrash shows with way more people

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Fri January 7th, 2011, 1:43 am

SadisticRitual wrote:yeah but the difference was just way too huge. i've seen plenty of other thrash shows with way more people
Kreator in 2008 show. Twaz awesome.