4/23 - Death of Kings, Spewtilator, Grinchfinger @ Jacks!

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun April 24th, 2011, 12:29 pm

It was nice to meet you too Ryan!

And yeah, I agree about the wierdness. That fight in the pit involved my
boyfriend...some random guy thought my b/f was beating up some dude and tried to pick a fight with him. They were just moshing! Only reason why my b/f didn't kick his ass is because "he doesn't need his name to be in a police report" it'll look really bad if he gets in a fight at a bar while off duty LOL

and his Napalm Death shirt got ripped. The dude gave Daniel a new shirt though.

And that's fucked about some dude stealing merch. And lol at overcharging the bastard!

Well, it was cool chillin with you all for a couple hours before all the bullshit!

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun April 24th, 2011, 12:46 pm

Still a rocking evening though. Hope Grinchfinger comes back soon.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun April 24th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Oh yeah, also when I went to close out my tab, apparently some one put their beer on it. I had only one bucket of tecates (people kept giving me beer after that so I didn't buy anymore) and the total came out to $16. I was like WTF that's not right! Well, I payed for my bucket and they said they'll figure it out about the mystery beer later.

@Tommy - I hope so too. Sucks their equipment was messed up.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sun April 24th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Ryan wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:Kind of a weird show. Light turnout, comparatively. Guys stealing merch. Fight in the pit. Ran out of beer.
Yeah man, i was thinking the same thing this morning... weird vibe all night, it was good to meet you (and Metal Freak) in real life... and thanks for the heads up on the merch, glad that dude didn't get away.
I was getting uber weird vibes all fucking day yesterday. It was indeed a relatively small turnout. I think there's been to many Jack's shows lately. The first one back in October made everyone shit themselves when they heard, "Whoa!!! A show AT JACK'S!!!" has turned into, "Meh, I'll catch the next one". The merch thief kept standing at the front of the stage area staring at me setting up my drums, it was bogus as fuck, I wanted to smash his face. Also total bs that someone attacked Daniel, a gigantic, mean ass off duty cop, that guy was a fool. Bummer that rad ass Napalm Death shirt got ripped.

About the extra beer on the tabs, I'm getting a little parnoid. My tab was overcharged also, had 6 Tecate's on there, Alison only drank 4 and I drank on the Spewtilator tab.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun April 24th, 2011, 2:07 pm

JAcks was a weird as fuck vibe and god damn can people please start beating up all these fucking hipster faggots until they fuckng go away? makes me sick

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon April 25th, 2011, 8:09 am

Knucklehead wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:Kind of a weird show. Light turnout, comparatively. Guys stealing merch. Fight in the pit. Ran out of beer.
Yeah man, i was thinking the same thing this morning... weird vibe all night, it was good to meet you (and Metal Freak) in real life... and thanks for the heads up on the merch, glad that dude didn't get away.

And it was good to meet you, too, chief.

That was totally funny, because I saw that guy sort of convince himself that he was going to take it and he debated for quite awhile. Then he saw me looking at him and got scared and put it back. And then he tried to be all nonchalant and walked away with it. And then he stayed at the venue? WTF?

What did you say to him, anyway, because it all seemed pretty mellow. I imagine a lot of people would have busted skulls and then asked questions later.
Dude was stuttering/sputtering/nervous as fuck when he was talking and he offered up the records instantly so I didn't feel the need for violent restitution. Obviously busted and he knew it. Here's how it went

Me: "Hey MAN, I think you have some records that maybe you SHOULDN'T have."

Him: "Oh... uh yeah I have them right here I... I didn't see anyone over there to pay and I didn't want anyone else to get them."

Me: "Suuuure. Why don't you just stay right there and I'll see how much they want for em and you can go ahead and pay."

Him: "Ok yeah... sure"

At that point George was walking up so I told him what was up and left it up to him. Glad you ripped that kid off, fucking dork, he's lucky he coughed up those records instantly.
Azrael wrote:I think there's been to many Jack's shows lately.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

GFx

Post by GFx » Mon April 25th, 2011, 8:31 am

really thanks for running interference on that. i hate to see the honor code fail though :(

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon April 25th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.[/quote]

The shows rule. I'm just missing PS Warehouse maybe.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon April 25th, 2011, 2:33 pm

GFx wrote:really thanks for running interference on that. i hate to see the honor code fail though :(
not a problem, knucklehead was the one that gave me the heads up and pointed the kid out so it was a team effort. that kid and his messenger bag can fuck off.
Azrael wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Yep, I was thinking the same thing.
The shows rule. I'm just missing PS Warehouse maybe.
Eh, I think Saturday was just the point of oversaturation. It reached that point where people were like "I'll go to the next one" instead of being pumped on another free show at jack's.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon April 25th, 2011, 5:05 pm

That last Spew show *was* fucking epic.

nocommands

Post by nocommands » Tue April 26th, 2011, 11:22 am

Hasn't spewtilator played every one? having completely different line ups every time may help things.. even though there were still a decent amount of people there

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue April 26th, 2011, 11:25 am

There's been at least one we weren't on but yeah pretty much.

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Tue April 26th, 2011, 12:41 pm

nocommands wrote:Hasn't spewtilator played every one? having completely different line ups every time may help things.. even though there were still a decent amount of people there
It may have had something to to with it being Easter weekend as well. It was a ghost town around work Friday and Monday - A lot of people out of town or busy I imagine.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue April 26th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Ah, yeah I didn't think about that.

God damn zombie jesus ruining all our fun... GO BACK TO YOUR CAVE!

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Tue April 26th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Yeah, I had to be at a wedding or I would have gone :(
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor