Obituary at Archive Gallery Nov. 21

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

TonyE99

Post by TonyE99 » Fri October 28th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Ryan wrote: Maybe they're just making sure the shows will be packed and rad instead of playing some huge venues that are only half full... either way, I'm glad. I'd much rather see bands in a small setting than some big stupid venue. Soooooo glad this isn't at Masquerade.
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's going to be like an episode of M*A*S*H after the show. Dudes clutching their sides and oozing head wounds galore!

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Fri October 28th, 2011, 5:36 pm

TonyE99 wrote:
Ryan wrote: Maybe they're just making sure the shows will be packed and rad instead of playing some huge venues that are only half full... either way, I'm glad. I'd much rather see bands in a small setting than some big stupid venue. Soooooo glad this isn't at Masquerade.
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's going to be like an episode of M*A*S*H after the show. Dudes clutching their sides and oozing head wounds galore!
when MASH stopped being funny and got depressing and real
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

CyanideSandwich

Post by CyanideSandwich » Fri October 28th, 2011, 11:53 pm

AtlMel wrote:
Matt wrote:Fuck the archive gallery.
Fuck you pay me.

Dear all haters,

There have been plenty of shows that have been booked at archive that have been a great success... sound wise, parking wise, and everything else. no one would know about it because as far as i am concerned all of you shit talkers are trolls who don't actually support your scene and give a fuck by coming out to DIY shows but instead would rather sit on your asses and talk shit on the internet, therefore you don't know the dramatic updates and changes that have occurred with the venue.

Not only are you haters completely out of the loop because you don't actually come to metal shows but you have neglected to even ask about the status of the venue, instead relying on some rumors you have heard passed down like third graders playing telephone. Ask and you will receive honest information Grow the fuck up. or better yet MAN the fuck UP. say shit to my face, when you pay me at the OBITUARY show.

you get out what you put in at a DIY venue/DIY scene, if half of you actually gave a shit like you act like you do and were devoted to the "atlanta metal scene" of lack there of, the metal shows at archive would be much better, sorry that I'm not going to go out of my way to ensure that there is an exceptional PA when FIVE PEOPLE SHOW UP TO THE METAL SHOWS.

Hate to compare scenes, but the hardcore shows at archive are always a hit, and are put on with great success, they sound good and people have a fun night. why? because people actually come out to shows and support the bands and venue.

You haters are ignorant. Archive does a vast number of successful events, you just don't know about them. They may not be your thing, your style whatever, but that doesn't give you the right to discredit everything about a venue or assume what rumors you've head are truth, when in fact they are nonexistent.

The archive has been going strong since mid august. Parking is not a problem, police are not a problem. and everyone that comes has a blast.

If you have concerns or issues with the archive gallery, FALL BACK.
stay home and talk your shit rather than see the changes that have ensued and experience a good time, because believe me, we don't need your negative attitudes and vibes at what is a positive and headed in the right direction establishment.
I'm not paying you shit, dude. I've never been to your establishment, and with this attitude I probably never will. I will be seeing this tour in Pittsburgh, and farting in your general direction.

Have a nice day.

Focalor

Post by Focalor » Sat October 29th, 2011, 7:08 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote: when MASH stopped being funny and got depressing and real
MASH was ever funny?

Also, I'd rather have an unanesthetized root canal by way of my asshole than watch anything with Alan Alda.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun October 30th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Focalor wrote:
SlashAndThrash wrote: when MASH stopped being funny and got depressing and real
MASH was ever funny?

Also, I'd rather have an unanesthetized root canal by way of my asshole than watch anything with Alan Alda.
Ha, ha, ouch! Not even a nod to Larry Linville? Some of my all time favorite TV moments are from those first few seasons with Ferret Face.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Thu November 10th, 2011, 4:44 pm

Not too far away! Keep telling everyone. Living Decay rules!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri November 11th, 2011, 3:00 pm

so where can I get advance tix for this? Is it gonna sell out? Remember I'm in Tallahassee so I can't just meet up with any of you somewhere before hand lol

I'll actually be driving up for Thanksgiving break the afternoon of this show...this will be my first stop before I make it home lol

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Fri November 11th, 2011, 10:24 pm

I apologize if I missed it in here, but have the openers been listed?

I'm stoked for this. What a way to kick off a week that I have off!

I don't think I know you, but thanks for booking this, Neal.

AAFFAA
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Sat November 12th, 2011, 9:01 am

badcarburetor wrote:I apologize if I missed it in here, but have the openers been listed?
believe it's Spewtilator and Living Decay

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sat November 12th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Word. Thanks.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon November 14th, 2011, 4:30 pm

Metalfreak wrote:so where can I get advance tix for this? Is it gonna sell out? Remember I'm in Tallahassee so I can't just meet up with any of you somewhere before hand lol

I'll actually be driving up for Thanksgiving break the afternoon of this show...this will be my first stop before I make it home lol
It wont sell out. Just pay at the door and you'll be good.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon November 14th, 2011, 5:32 pm

TheKshatriya wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:so where can I get advance tix for this? Is it gonna sell out? Remember I'm in Tallahassee so I can't just meet up with any of you somewhere before hand lol

ok thanks.

Yeah one of my friends went to the show in Tampa a few days ago and she said the place they played at was tiny and that hardly anyone showed up. Well, I really hope a couple hundred people show up for this though...I mean, it's Obituary!!!

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Mon November 14th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
TheKshatriya wrote:

ok thanks.

Yeah one of my friends went to the show in Tampa a few days ago and she said the place they played at was tiny and that hardly anyone showed up. Well, I really hope a couple hundred people show up for this though...I mean, it's Obituary!!!
Imagine how many times someone from Tampa seen Obituary. Every time I've seen them plenty showed up.

WANT. GO.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon November 14th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Generubin wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
TheKshatriya wrote:

ok thanks.

Imagine how many times someone from Tampa seen Obituary. Every time I've seen them plenty showed up.

WANT. GO.
yeah I know...she was all like "and it's their hometown I can't believe nobody showed up" but it's probably because they've seen them 8000 times already lol

Yeah every time I've seen them alot of people always show up. Are you going?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue November 15th, 2011, 10:02 am

Less than a week away! FUCK!!
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.