Obituary at Archive Gallery Nov. 21

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

JacksonMetaller

Post by JacksonMetaller » Tue November 15th, 2011, 11:14 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:this effects me about as much as a ban from Great Clips
hahaha

TonyE99

Post by TonyE99 » Tue November 15th, 2011, 11:15 pm

livmons wrote:Fuck shit. Fuck shitstarting. Fuck "posers".

I'm in it for the bands.

If it's personal, take it aside.
Don't make the show a negative experience and dramatically awkward because I will be pissed.
Please just set shit aside for the night and let us rage.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Tue November 15th, 2011, 11:16 pm

everyone should go rage if they want to, of course. Go support Obituary and the locals and have fun. its just something to keep in mind for future reference.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Pat

Post by Pat » Tue November 15th, 2011, 11:28 pm

livmons wrote:Don't make the show a negative experience and dramatically awkward because I will be pissed.
Please just set shit aside for the night and let us rage.
I don't think a personal dispute between 2 people (1 of which won't even be there) will impact on anybody else having a good time that night.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Wed November 16th, 2011, 12:48 am

Everyone read the other thread I just made.

In a nut shell. Everyone is welcome. SadRist is cool to play. Plenty of parking.

I've made a lot of friends from Atlanta metal and I want all my friends to be at this show.

Stussey

Post by Stussey » Wed November 16th, 2011, 1:05 am

Normally I'm the 1 that starts debates like this, but I pretty much stay silent on this board. But this has gone on a little too far. 1 thing that everyone that posts shit talk in the concerts section needs to realize people that have no idea what is going on here just sees 2 people bitching at each other and it looks like high school drama. It's the same situation that happened last year with Floyd and FttA fest. Being that Floyd has no clue how to promote a show and this was the main site for promotion, the bands saw all the back and forth and it made Atlanta NOT Floyd look bad. And I know that by me posting this is doing exactly what I just said not to do, but everyone needs to read this.

This is heading in the same direction. As I said with Floyd, if you feel a band is going to get screwed by a promoter/venue, then contact the band BEFORE the tour or ASAP,but it has to be a legitimate reason not because you personally don't like the person.

Now it's time to clarify things and put them in perspective. Mel,earlier in this threat you posted: 'you get out what you put in at a DIY venue/DIY scene, if half of you actually gave a shit like you act like you do and were devoted to the "atlanta metal scene" of lack there of, the metal shows at archive would be much better, sorry that I'm not going to go out of my way to ensure that there is an exceptional PA when FIVE PEOPLE SHOW UP TO THE METAL SHOWS.'

I'm not even going to dwell on the fact the Archive didn't have any licensing. But it's a MUSIC venue, it's not a VFW or other rented space. It's a venue for music/art/etc. It's the venues responsibility to provide an adequate sound system,not one that barely works. People want to be able to hear the music and when you walk in and only see 1 speaker and it barely works, it doesn't build confidence that the sound will be good. Wonderroot & 529 have good sound systems that every band that plays there gets equal sound whether it's packed or there's just 3 people. I'm going to throw my age in for a minute. I've worked in clubs for almost 20yrs, I've seen it all,but to say that the Archive wouldn't invest in a new pa because of the small turnouts is asinine. Every club/venue I've ever worked at has always tried to provide the best sound possible out of RESPECT for the bands that play there. The Archive does other events than the shows you booked, and that the pa was adequate for their needs,but is totally unacceptable for live bands, that's why the hardcore show promoters bring their own pa,which they shouldn't have had to do if you were trying to really help the scene.

Contrary to your theory that people don't give a shit, there are some in the scene that really do. It's a small scene, but a dedicated one. People like Scott,Ryan,Ruby and others that book shows actually do promote them. I'm not sure what promotion the Archive does,I know there was a site but as soon as it went up, all the issues started,but the venue can't just rely on the bands for promotion. It's a mutual relationship. In order for people to come to shows there has to be promotion by EVERYONE involved. The promoter, the venue, the bands(especially the locals if they're opening for a touring band). There are so many ways to promote and nobody really takes full advantage.I've seen local bands ask who was making flyers for the show. ALL the local bands should make their own flyers and not rely on 1 band to make them.

I could go on and on but am going to wrap this up. In order for this 'scene' to actually be a 'scene' then EVERYONE needs to quick blaming each other why nobody showed up to the show.In order for the scene to grow people need to try to work together to get bands to come to Atlanta, to promote the shows that do and if you can't do that then you have no place to bitch on this board. [/list]

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Wed November 16th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Who else thinks this thread should be locked?
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

In Ruins

Post by In Ruins » Wed November 16th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Stussey wrote: In order for people to come to shows there has to be promotion by EVERYONE involved. The promoter, the venue, the bands(especially the locals if they're opening for a touring band). There are so many ways to promote and nobody really takes full advantage.I've seen local bands ask who was making flyers for the show. ALL the local bands should make their own flyers and not rely on 1 band to make them.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed November 16th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Yea sound sucks balls at the archive gallery. I understand the DIY ethic but obituary is legendary. I need good lighting and sound. I bet they will be pissed when they see what they are working with. Is there even dressing rooms or more than one toilet in that hole.
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Thu November 17th, 2011, 1:57 pm

I've been to one show at the Archive and I had an OK time. Spewtilator, Inter Arma and Luciferian Warfare (or something like that) played to a crowd of about ten people. I noticed that the first band was just a two-piece that had one amplifier and that was it for sound. It still sounded OK, I guess. The only real problem I had with the sound was the rap music that played in between sets. I thought they were trying to get everybody to leave or something.

But, I'm not going to miss Obituary no matter where they play. This is a big chance for the Archive to prove it's good place to see a show. I think we should give them that chance and let whatever mistakes have happened in the past stay in the past. Atlanta needs more metal venues, not less. Let's hope AG lives up to their boasting. Plus, I don't want to pay 7 bloody dollars for a Newcastle at Masquerade. Bring on the cheap drinks.

livmons

Post by livmons » Sun November 20th, 2011, 10:24 am

TOMORROW!!!
What do you mean I'm not kind, just not your kind.
___
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/punkaddiction">last.fm</a>
<a href="http://livingmonstrosity.tumblr.com/">tumblr</a>

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun November 20th, 2011, 2:24 pm

livmons wrote:TOMORROW!!!
come 4pm when class ends tomorrow...I'll be on may way! haha

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sun November 20th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Come break your necks and get turned inside out tomorrow night!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon November 21st, 2011, 12:01 pm

TONIGHT! Sadistic Ritual at 7:30 / Spew at 8pm!!
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Mon November 21st, 2011, 12:29 pm

cool deal..hopefully traffic cooperates and i'll be there around 7ish.