FEB 4th FREE SHOW FREE KEG, Awaken The Ancient's First Show!

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun February 5th, 2012, 2:34 pm

Don't knock the scene for not coming out to your shows, have more appealing bands play and people will come. i'm sick of people bitching about lack of support for local metal, there could always be more but there is plenty of support for local metal here, just not at your shows for whatever reason. make better flyers, make paper flyers, put them up places, promote outside of I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS and the metal forums. cry less.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

aaron

Post by aaron » Sun February 5th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Agreed with Slash but can't knock these guys for not promoting. They were giving out flyers after the Anthrax show for one. Not exactly the perfect crowd but still..

God of Brutality

Post by God of Brutality » Sun February 5th, 2012, 2:59 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:Don't knock the scene for not coming out to your shows, have more appealing bands play and people will come. i'm sick of people bitching about lack of support for local metal, there could always be more but there is plenty of support for local metal here, just not at your shows for whatever reason. make better flyers, make paper flyers, put them up places, promote outside of I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS and the metal forums. cry less.
I guess after being a local musician for 15+ years and running a local metal venue for 4yrs I would have know idea about how this scene works. No matter what type of promotion some people come some people don't. Im not bitching I was mearly thanking people who came. And that is atlanta fans who don't support the local scene. I don't expect everyone who listens to metal to come out and I understand people work. However the local support of music in this town is crap, always has been. Most fans only show for shows that are touring acts. These are just facts, we had a great turnout last night. Thats why I thanked those who came. As bands we always want more support, because we do this for the love of playing the music. If you can't make a show thats on you, not on me as the musician/ promoter who throws a free show and gives away free beer just for thanks to the support we have gotten.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun February 5th, 2012, 3:42 pm

i'm actually pretty pissed that I missed last night honestly, I was planning on going. But sometimes things come up so I'm just saying its kind of annoying to see someone say "well that's atlanta metal for you", it seems a bit egotistical is all. I wasn't trying to talk any kind of shit.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

RegularNate

Post by RegularNate » Sun February 5th, 2012, 4:14 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:i'm actually pretty pissed that I missed last night honestly, I was planning on going. But sometimes things come up so I'm just saying its kind of annoying to see someone say "well that's atlanta metal for you", it seems a bit egotistical is all. I wasn't trying to talk any kind of shit.
Matt is right, no ones trying to talk shit, but it's pretty lame when someone doesn't get the turn out they wanted and in turn generalizes the scene as being unresponsive and uncaring.

God of Brutality

Post by God of Brutality » Sun February 5th, 2012, 5:09 pm

I do get where your coming from but like I said it has always been this way in Atlanta for local bands. I understand other commitments, people not liking our style of metal or just not really feeling like doing shit. I've blown off shows for skyrim. We had roughly 70 people give or take so Im happy. However I would like to always see more, espcially for free.
It gets me because I look at from both the musician stand point and the venue stand point. If you have suggestions for bands let us know, we try to always put a variety of bands as long as they are metal. We put on the shows because there are not alot of venues willing to give metal bands a break and we love metal music.

And on a side note I have no ego, Im one of the most laid back, humble people you will ever meet. Maybe one day I'll have an ego but today is not that day.

nocommands

Post by nocommands » Sun February 5th, 2012, 9:31 pm

God of Brutality wrote:thanks to everyone who actually supports local metal for making it out last night. For all you who couldn't.... thats atlanta metal fans for ya.
Haven't seen you at one of my shows, thats atlanta metal fans for ya

yellowthewhite

Post by yellowthewhite » Sun February 5th, 2012, 10:14 pm

I'M THE KING OF SWEDEN AND I RIDE A WALRUS

Strange

Post by Strange » Mon February 6th, 2012, 2:59 pm

For the record, I hate that I had to miss this. Life tends to get in the way of my plans sometimes. :?
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Mon February 6th, 2012, 3:59 pm

this was a great show...Had a very good turnout as well. The keg was killed in 2hrs.. Metal is a very thirsty business.

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Mon February 6th, 2012, 9:48 pm

It was beyond awesome. Awaken The Ancient made the band worth while.

SHRED FOR SATIN

Post by SHRED FOR SATIN » Fri February 10th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Albert Kagan wrote:It was beyond awesome. Awaken The Ancient made the band worth while.
Shut the fuck up.

AwAkEn TeH AnCiEnT wrote: Summoned forth from the ashes of the atlanta undergound Awaken the Ancient has set out to destroy music as we know it.
omg so scary!!
AwAkEn TeH AnCiEnT wrote: Blending brutal tech. death, grind, black, and sludge metal to create their own form of neck breaking speed married with epic grooves.
Wow, so innovative and unique! I can't wait to bang my head and appreciate smooth grooves!
AwAkEn TeH AnCiEnT wrote: Now with their 6 song e.p. "Age of Legends" set to be released upon the masses and supported with live shows, Awaken the Ancient is poised to forever change the face of humanity...
Age of Legends... wow, what a statement! I just don't know if the masses are ready for this...goodness me!

log^Anarchy

Post by log^Anarchy » Fri February 10th, 2012, 3:28 pm

look at this motherfucker

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Fri February 10th, 2012, 5:42 pm

I'd say he can take on the whole forum with one typing hand tied behind his back.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

AtA2011

Post by AtA2011 » Sun February 12th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Shred for Satin...why you so mad? lol :cry: