who's going to the HANK III show next week?

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

who's going to the HANK III show next week?

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue March 22nd, 2005, 1:51 am

Wed. March 30th @ the masquerade

HANK III

who's going to be at this one?

i'll be there!

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Tue March 22nd, 2005, 8:24 pm

I am more of a fan of Hank II myself, because Hank III turned to Superjoint Ritual and turned away from country.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed March 23rd, 2005, 2:36 am

no way man, he is still country through and through. honestly, i like hank III more than hank II. i like both, but hank III has the sound of country that i personally like more. more dirty and less polished musically. lyrically hank II was great but his music was pretty polished and was kinda fitting to what was going on in country at the time. hank III seems more like a rebel, a "do it my way" type of guy.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed March 23rd, 2005, 6:52 am

Well thats true of all the Williams. Its what makes them legends. Maybe Dimwit Darrell stole a page out of the book of rebels.
BlazeTSU wrote:polished and was kinda fitting to what was going on in country at the time. hank III seems more like a rebel, a "do it my way" type of guy.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu March 31st, 2005, 12:59 am

well, you all missed a great show! HANK III is incredible! not only did he play over an hour of some of the best country EVER(covers of hank sr. hank jr. johnny cash) but then he played about 45 mins of HELLBILLY, which was great. then he took about a five minute break and came back out with some punk/metal stuff! it was an awesome show and artimes pyledriver was also pretty darn good.

best quotes of the night from HANK III "just to set the record straight and clear the air....that mofo kid rock ain't nuthin like me! he's a fake-ass yank and he'll never be a real sonna hank.....and if you thought so you are one dumbass piece of sh*t!"

"they say i ain't real country.......but i don't want to be country with some faggot looking at me!" - this didn't make much sense but it was really funny.

and darkwolfen, i take back my thoughts on HANK JR. being too polished.......i've dusted off some of his music and i can't quit listening to it. JR is still the man!