WEEDEATER, RWAKE, WITHERED - APRIL 21st @ DRUNKEN UNICORN

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

withered

WEEDEATER, RWAKE, WITHERED - APRIL 21st @ DRUNKEN UNICORN

Post by withered » Tue April 5th, 2005, 4:41 pm

Hi Everyone,
just a friendly reminder to dress your best and come see some amazing doom/sludge/southern/death/black metal. yeah, that sounds f*cked up, don't it?! For info and directions, visit either www.withered.net or www.atlantashows.org. withered will be performing their entire debut album "memento mori" for the first time ever.

Later,
Mike

withered's "memento mori" will be released in stores late summer 2005 on lifeforce records.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue April 5th, 2005, 10:35 pm

WEEDEATER! I will be there, going to check out Withered now..

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu April 7th, 2005, 3:05 am

Gah, it's a Thursday night. I'd kinda like to drop by, maybe after work (like, 2am) to see an old friend who apparently drums for Rwake.

withered

Post by withered » Fri April 15th, 2005, 4:40 pm

yeah, you should come out but I don't know if anyone will be around at 2am. I think it gets fired up at 10. that means weedeater at 12:00 so it could be iffy.

This post is also a shameless attempt to bump the thread up a bit so more folks will come share some good metal times with us.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sun April 17th, 2005, 10:41 pm

I'll definately be there. "Fear and Pain" is a good song by the way, look forward to checking ya'll out. Hopefully people will appear and support. Weedeater don't tour everyday!

withered

Post by withered » Mon April 18th, 2005, 7:27 am

right on, glad you like the tune. I'm looking forward to hangin out with weedeater again. haven't seen those guys in almost 2 years now.

see y'all there!!
MIKE

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed April 20th, 2005, 3:50 am

withered wrote:right on, glad you like the tune. I'm looking forward to hangin out with weedeater again. haven't seen those guys in almost 2 years now.

see y'all there!!
MIKE
Hmmm, still considering Taking Steps to go to this show. :twisted: :)

If Jeff M. (from Rwake) calls me -- he was given my number recently -- then I'll definitely head down.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed April 20th, 2005, 8:16 pm

Not trying to be a dick, by why would you wait for some guy to call you to decide to go to a good show? @_@

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri April 22nd, 2005, 12:00 pm

This show was fucking great, despite the drunk asshole! Withered is super tight every time I see them and they played a great show. Rwake was awesome. That bassist must have hit the drunk asshole HARD. I was surprised he just ran off like that! Anyway, back to the show, I was very impressed with Weedeater too. That drummer hit his shit hard as hell. The little one-girl mosh pit was pretty entertaining too. Other than the drunk asshole it was a great show.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri April 22nd, 2005, 12:01 pm

What a great show. Aside from some PBR fueled madman hurling beer all over R'wake and getting one of their bassist broken, it was an excellent gig. Wish Weedeater could've played longer, but from what I understand Dixie was pretty sick. Very loud, very heavy. First time the Unicorn.. what a great bar.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri April 22nd, 2005, 6:03 pm

Hah, I know it man. Some big bald guy was building up this huge story about how he ran outside after him, and then he tried to break his window! and then he tried to rip off his antenna. It was an underwhelming result to this build up haha. That girl was hilarious too. Wielding her bottle of whatever it was smashing all about. I hope more bands of that ilk are booked at that venue.