StrappingYoungLad, Agony Scene, Misery Signals, Reflux 4/29

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 10:28 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:Yeah, I never realized how big Gene was, either! fucking shit...how can he have such a high endurance!!

I didn't catch Reflux, but I thought the hardcore vs. metal showdown in the pit during uh...whatever the fuck that band was was pretty hillarious.
So um, I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but uh, Misery Signals isn't a hardcore band and there weren't really any hardcore kids there.

I hate to do the whole genre breakdown thing, because I think it's lame, but hardcore is hardcore, and still sounds like punk.

The metalcore stuff or whatever you want to call it - is just that. I don't think hardcore is a genre whose lines have really blurred very much in its history, and there are tons of old and new traditional hardcore bands still around right now that when you would compare something like Misery Signals to them, there's no way you'd still agree that they were the same thing.

With that said, I love Misery Signals (but the billing on that show is a little fucked up, because Reflux blew them out of the water), and I have nothing against metalcore (some of it, anyway :p), but it's just not the same thing.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 10:51 pm

holly wrote:
You just said "Devy," by the way.
Yeah but I can call him that cuz he's my nigga 8)

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 11:21 pm

Greg wrote:
holly wrote:
You just said "Devy," by the way.
Yeah but I can call him that cuz he's my nigga 8)
HAHAHAHAHA.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 9th, 2005, 8:11 pm

but when you break it down, metalcore is still hardcore, because its more hardcore then it is metal. because if it was more metal, then there would be no reason to call it metalcore.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun May 15th, 2005, 5:01 pm

Matt wrote:but when you break it down, metalcore is still hardcore, because its more hardcore then it is metal. because if it was more metal, then there would be no reason to call it metalcore.
Not really.

Hardcore is hardcore.

That is all.