MISSED EXTOL!!!

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

MISSED EXTOL!!!

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon May 9th, 2005, 12:05 am

friggin EXTOL playing in augusta tonight! sunday night, looks as though we all missed out on this one...........at least the ones that know about them. i'm upset, i spent tonight doing absolutly nothing but watching tv and farting around on a guitar. bah, another show i've had to miss

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon May 9th, 2005, 4:01 pm

Do wha? Extol played anywhere in the US? Where the hell did you hear that? I can't say I'd be too disappointed if it were true, since the new album isn't any good.

Ok, I just looked on pollstar, and it indeed does list Extol as being on tour. HOWEVER, I don't think this is the Extol that we're familiar with.

Check that, Extol's website, http://www.extolweb.com does indeed confirm that they are now touring the US. I'm shocked. This is the absolute first I've heard about their touring, and I've been getting emails out their new album. Very, very, VERY strange way of doing things...

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon May 9th, 2005, 11:53 pm

i know, i'm actually friends with a peter, the vocalist and i knew nothing about the tour. i knew that they were hitting some festivals later this summer, but wasn't aware of any actual tour dates.

their latest album is somewhat lacking, but i promise that Extol live is a great experience! i've seen them about 5 times and played with them a few times and they are one of the tightest and most powerful live bands i've ever seen. i haven't seen the new line-up though.......ole berud, the old guitarist and clean vocalist ranks up there with isahn as one of the best at playing super technical guitar and hitting every clean vocal note perfectly.

the problem is that their label here in america is solid state, who is a hardcore label that always puts them on tours with little known metalcore bands and they always play small places no one has ever heard of.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed May 11th, 2005, 3:35 pm

I heard they were on tour here. A dude on the Relapse board just saw them in Rochester, NY. I'm not surprised because they did the same damn thing (underpromoting their tours) in 2001. They played in Snellville at some church.