May 22-Burial Rites, Machine Head, Devildriver, ItDiesToday

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BurialRitesRawkStar

May 22-Burial Rites, Machine Head, Devildriver, ItDiesToday

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Tue May 10th, 2005, 2:47 pm

Sunday, May 22 @ The Masquerade

Burial Rites
Machine Head
Devildriver
It Dies Today

We will be playing the Hell Stage for this show. This is our first show back with our new drummer, so come on and check us out. The doors open at 7 and we will probably go on somewhere between 7 and 7:30. If anybody is interested in going to this show we will be selling tickets for $13. That is a little cheaper than you will pay at the door and from ticketmaster. If you would like tickets just respond to this post or contact us through our website. Thanks.

Joey/ Burial Rites

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue May 10th, 2005, 10:01 pm

man, ten years ago i would have loved to go to see machine head.........

are you guys back together for good? playing more shows?

BurialRitesRawkStar

Re:

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Wed May 18th, 2005, 1:47 pm

Yeah, we're back together Blaze. We finally found us a new drummer and thats what we were missing for so long. I still need to get a 2nd guitarist, but it sounds just fine with me doing one guitar right now. I see you got the Soul's Unrest back together, hows that going? We will definitely hook up some shows with the 2 of us in the near future. And i feel you on that old skool Machine Head, but their new album wasn't too shabby, they kinda went back to their old skool sound. This definitely isn't the heaviest show in the world, but i figured it would be good for publicity.

Joey/ Burial Rites

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu May 19th, 2005, 11:04 pm

awesome! i'm happy to hear that you guys will be back in full swing.

its not a bad show to play to get some folks into you stuff at all. matter of fact its probably better for exposure than playing on the undercard of some national underground bands seeing as how their aren't going to be too many "elitist" at the machine head show that won't even give you a chance if you aren't "brutal" or "kvlt" enough.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Fri May 20th, 2005, 12:12 am

BlazeTSU wrote:awesome! i'm happy to hear that you guys will be back in full swing.

its not a bad show to play to get some folks into you stuff at all. matter of fact its probably better for exposure than playing on the undercard of some national underground bands seeing as how their aren't going to be too many "elitist" at the machine head show that won't even give you a chance if you aren't "brutal" or "kvlt" enough.
I seriously don't remember anyone NOT being into them when they used to play all of those shows in Hell...

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sat May 21st, 2005, 12:42 am

i wasn't meaning that people weren't into them........just a general statement. i think burial rites is great, they know i'm a fan.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat May 21st, 2005, 2:17 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:i wasn't meaning that people weren't into them........just a general statement. i think burial rites is great, they know i'm a fan.
OK! I wasn't like trying to counter you, I was just saying that I remember them always having an awesome response from crowds.
:D

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 23rd, 2005, 2:00 am

Burial Rites always packed all the shows they played in hell, I have seen them probably 6 times and every time more and more people were into it. I like burial rites. i havent seen em since dan left though

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Mon May 23rd, 2005, 4:10 pm

Matt wrote:Burial Rites always packed all the shows they played in hell, I have seen them probably 6 times and every time more and more people were into it. I like burial rites. i havent seen em since dan left though
Ditto.
We got there last night when they had like 10 seconds left in their last song.
:(

BurialRitesRawkStar

Re:

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Wed May 25th, 2005, 2:07 pm

This show kicked ass. Definitely a good "return to the scene" show for us and an awesome first show for our new drummer. We had a good crowd and everyone seemed to be diggin the tunes. Thanks to everyone that watched our set.

Joey/ Burial Rites

holly
WREKage Staff

Re:

Post by holly » Wed May 25th, 2005, 5:21 pm

BurialRitesRawkStar wrote:This show kicked ass. Definitely a good "return to the scene" show for us and an awesome first show for our new drummer. We had a good crowd and everyone seemed to be diggin the tunes. Thanks to everyone that watched our set.

Joey/ Burial Rites
:(