Nov. 10 @ the Loft - Raven

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun August 5th, 2012, 8:56 am

Generubin wrote:
GameFreac wrote:I don't understand why promoters (not just you but even people that put on shows that post here all the time) get all defensive and start insulting people and getting all defensive. You think that will get more people to come?

Doesn't make sense to me.
This
This. I was the one that said I had a feeling that this isn't going to happen. I am in my 40's, have a full-time job, a wife and two kids. We've all seen shows that get bumped (normally because of visa issues) and then quietly cancelled. Even though I spend an inordinate amount of time here, I did not follow the link to the FB page. I rely on this site for information, because I don't have a lot of free time. I didn't realize that a reputable promoter was involved. So that's my bad.

All this ITP/OTP business is just ridiculous. There are a lot of people here who live OTP. One sad sack was living in North Georgia and used to drive and hour and half to come see shows. Regularly. You've got a great fuckin' band on the bill -- let that speak for itself. Besides, 90% of the people in this thread will be there.

The other 10% won't, because they spent too much time standing outside of 688 at the age of 15, slamming Mad Dog and they don't make it out much anymore.

pathfinder

Post by pathfinder » Sun August 5th, 2012, 10:50 am

I'm man enough to apologize to anyone who felt slighted by my words throughout this thread. I never meant for it to come to that. Anyone who knows me personally - and that's about 3 or 4 of you here - knows that I am not an arrogant or pompous person. I was merely defending my efforts at putting together dynamic metal shows - no matter where they take place.

Please don't let my words prevent you from supporting the Dec 8th event. I am not profiting anything from the show. In fact, I'll likely lose money. I usually do. Come out if you can to support some amazing heavy metal acts. All the money through the door goes to the bands.

I'll stay away from these forums just to prevent any further damage. I'll stay in touch with Brian and let him post anything this community may be interested in.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun August 5th, 2012, 11:34 am

Haha this thread got good really fast while I was gone.

To be fair, I made my initial post prior to having any knowledge about the show past what was put in the first post... which to my eyes was Raven playing in Marietta with openers I've never heard of. Being that I've been booking shows in and around atlanta for the last 8-10 years when I see a show booked ANYWHERE with a bunch of locals I've never heard of it's a pretty fair bet that the show is going to be weakly attended and that the bands are probably shitty.

That being said, once Brian posted vouching for you and that the show would be good I left it alone. It looks like you know what you're doing or at the very least are passionate about it so good luck, I hope the show goes well. Thanks for the invitation to the august show but those bands aren't really my bag so I won't be there. The only thing that I currently have booked is the Vektor show at 529 on 9/11 so if you want to come out let me know and I'll put you on the list.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

pathfinder

Post by pathfinder » Sun August 5th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Ryan wrote:The only thing that I currently have booked is the Vektor show at 529 on 9/11 so if you want to come out let me know and I'll put you on the list.
was hoping to check out Vektor when they came through. I have their latest album. If I can make time for that one, I'll certainly let you know. Thanks!

and for what it's worth, only one of the bands on Dec 8th are local: MNEMOSYNE. Every other band is from out of state. And this is one reason I call it a 'fest'... it's not a tour package... it's the one chance for Atlanta metal fans to see this group of bands in one place without having to travel to New Jersey or Baltimore or Oklahoma. 8)

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Sun August 5th, 2012, 2:03 pm

Knucklehead wrote: The other 10% won't, because they spent too much time standing outside of 688 at the age of 15, slamming Mad Dog and they don't make it out much anymore.
Yeah yeah yeah, fuckin internet warrior hidin behind yr computer screen! I'm gonna burn your craft and gorgoroth records tonight to keep me warm.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun August 5th, 2012, 6:13 pm

pathfinder wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:Eh, and almost no one on the board here is going to miss Raven.
like I said - talk to Brian, because I did not make the original post.

But since there was some doubt in a few peoples' minds as to whether or not this event is going to happen because I was asked to push it back a month, I decided to clear the air.

Rest assured no one in Marietta will miss you on Dec 8th either. :P
Jesus. Hey, Brian... almost no one on the board here is going to miss Raven. And by that I mean that the vast majority of the forum users here are genuinely excited about a NWOBHM legend playing nearby and will happily attend. And no one in Marietta will miss me on Dec 8th either because I will be there.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun August 5th, 2012, 7:00 pm

stewvee wrote:
Knucklehead wrote: The other 10% won't, because they spent too much time standing outside of 688 at the age of 15, slamming Mad Dog and they don't make it out much anymore.
Yeah yeah yeah, fuckin internet warrior hidin behind yr computer screen! I'm gonna burn your craft and gorgoroth records tonight to keep me warm.
Ha!

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Thu September 13th, 2012, 10:56 am

According to Pathfinder Promotions, the date has changed to NOVEMBER 10th and relocated to Midtown Atlanta and The Loft at the Center Stage Music Complex.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon October 8th, 2012, 5:00 pm

Bump, a little over a month away. Title changed to reflect date switch.

Stussey

Post by Stussey » Tue October 9th, 2012, 11:56 am

ITP/OTP it's a crock of shit argument since most people that are now ITP grew up OTP. But what frustrates me most about this board,mainly the concert listing is that people get into arguments about the bands/promoter/venue,etc. And for people who aren't regulars to this board and stumble upon it looking for information and you see page after page or people bitching back and forth, it doesn't look good. It makes Atlanta look like it's full of whiny bitches and that nobody gets along, which isn't a scene. I think once opinions replace information about a show the mods need to step in keep the conversation only about the information and not opinion.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue October 9th, 2012, 12:10 pm

^welcome to metal, welcome to the internet

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Thu October 18th, 2012, 4:17 pm

After all this... moved ITP
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

pathfinder

Post by pathfinder » Sat October 20th, 2012, 8:53 pm

yep, after all this, moved to the ITP and back to the date I wanted to start with. I'll not have the wool pulled over my eyes again by a venue, that's for certain. harrumph! :?

anyway, here's the official ticket info for anyone still interested in not missing the Atlanta debut of the Legendary NWOBHM band RAVEN:

http://www.centerstage-atlanta.com/show ... TAL+FEST+V

Thanks in advance to anyone who can make it out to this. It's going to be an epic, historic event. And the support bands are worth every dollar you pay as well. I've seen 4 out of 5 of them and I believe in the fifth! \m/

MNEMOSYNE (Atlanta, GA)
http://www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/mnemosyneATL

BRAZEN ANGEL (Atlanta, GA)
http://www.brazenangel.com/

A SOUND OF THUNDER (Washington DC)
https://www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/ASoundOfThunder

BURNING SHADOWS (Maryland)
http://burningshadows.com/

FIAKRA (Freehold, NJ)
http://www.fiakra.com/history.htm

So come on out early for this ALL AGES show at The Loft on Nov 10th! The show starts at 6PM so we can have RAVEN on stage NLT 11PM for a tremendous set of all their best! We'll be partying with all of the bands after the show, so prepare for the FALL HEADBANGERS BALL!!!

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat October 20th, 2012, 11:40 pm

is there any chance of Raven going on earlier than 11? not interested in the support bands. also why does Mnemosyne always advertise themselves above the headliners? that's disrespectful and lame.

pathfinder

Post by pathfinder » Sun October 21st, 2012, 4:39 am

Brian wrote:is there any chance of Raven going on earlier than 11? not interested in the support bands. also why does Mnemosyne always advertise themselves above the headliners? that's disrespectful and lame.
the show is set up in a way that utilizes the backline the smartest way possible. Raven is the headliner. Menemosyne is direct support. I am not advertising them above Raven. So you'd have to ask them about any other way they are advertising themselves on their own site to their own fans.

If you are not interested in the support bands then show up whenever you want after about 10:30PM. But you'll be missing a great show. Fiakra will BRING IT! Burning Shadows will BRING IT!!! A Sound of Thunder will BRING IT like they did at The 120 Tavern last February! Brazen Angel and Mnemosyne will no doubt BRING IT!!! \m/