shows/fests you're attending outside of Atlanta

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun September 9th, 2012, 1:26 pm

Ryan wrote:Woven Hand is rad and Massgrave is so fucking good.
I'm quite pleased to say that I ditched Woven Hand the other night when I got the venue and realized that Joe Lynn Turner was playing a Rainbow/Deep Purple best of set next door. I didn't take long to make up my mind.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon September 10th, 2012, 7:34 am

MS_39455 wrote:
I'm quite pleased to say that I ditched Woven Hand the other night when I got the venue and realized that Joe Lynn Turner was playing a Rainbow/Deep Purple best of set next door. I didn't take long to make up my mind.
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Mon September 10th, 2012, 2:01 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
I support this.

Pat

Post by Pat » Fri September 21st, 2012, 1:13 am

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri September 21st, 2012, 6:26 am

MS_39455 wrote:Just nailed down the details for my last hurrah for what may be a long time. I know the chances are a million to one, but if any of you will be in the vicinity, I would dig raising a glass with a familiar face.

8/31 - 9/2 Killtown Deathfest - Copenhagen, DK
9/7 - Woven Hand - Oslo, NO
9/9 - Mass Grave - Ljubljana, SI
Are you back now? We need a recap of this trip!! And scandalous photos!!

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri September 21st, 2012, 8:12 am

Diana wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:Just nailed down the details for my last hurrah for what may be a long time. I know the chances are a million to one, but if any of you will be in the vicinity, I would dig raising a glass with a familiar face.

8/31 - 9/2 Killtown Deathfest - Copenhagen, DK
9/7 - Woven Hand - Oslo, NO
9/9 - Mass Grave - Ljubljana, SI
Are you back now? We need a recap of this trip!! And scandalous photos!!
Got back Sunday night. Mostly photos of castles, cathedrals, etc. Pretty undebaucherous trip this time. WAY too expensive to party much in Scandinavia. Ridiculously cheap beer in Ljubljana, Budapest, and Prague though. I'll bore you with the details at a show some enchanted evening. Morbid Angel perhaps.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri September 21st, 2012, 8:21 am

MS_39455 wrote:I'll bore you with the details at a show some enchanted evening. Morbid Angel perhaps.
Well it won't be Morbid Angel, but it's a deal. I'll trade you a painting of Joe for some castle stories. :D

aaron

Post by aaron » Fri September 21st, 2012, 10:06 am

Pat wrote:Image
Going. Be jealous.

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Fri September 21st, 2012, 12:06 pm

Not jealous...but have fun! :D

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sun March 17th, 2013, 3:32 pm

It's looking more and more likely that I'll be attending the Prague Death Mass in July. Mgla, Vemod, Hetroertzen, Negative Plane, Hades, Svartidaudi, Cult of Fire, Sortilegia, Obscure Burial, One Tail One Head, etc. Beyond stoked. Also, mandatory trip to Sedlec Ossuary...

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun March 17th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Brian wrote:It's looking more and more likely that I'll be attending the Prague Death Mass in July. Mgla, Vemod, Hetroertzen, Negative Plane, Hades, Svartidaudi, Cult of Fire, Sortilegia, Obscure Burial, One Tail One Head, etc. Beyond stoked. Also, mandatory trip to Sedlec Ossuary...
Nice! If I was able to make a trip this year, that's the fest I had hoped to see. Check out the Hells Bells metal bar right around the corner from the fest venue, too. That whole And&#283;l neighborhood is way cool. Tons of rad bars and resturaunts and just a few tram stops from all of the awesome old medieval city sights. You doing the hostel thing? Highly envious, dude.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue March 19th, 2013, 4:35 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Brian wrote:It's looking more and more likely that I'll be attending the Prague Death Mass in July. Mgla, Vemod, Hetroertzen, Negative Plane, Hades, Svartidaudi, Cult of Fire, Sortilegia, Obscure Burial, One Tail One Head, etc. Beyond stoked. Also, mandatory trip to Sedlec Ossuary...
Nice! If I was able to make a trip this year, that's the fest I had hoped to see. Check out the Hells Bells metal bar right around the corner from the fest venue, too. That whole And&#283;l neighborhood is way cool. Tons of rad bars and resturaunts and just a few tram stops from all of the awesome old medieval city sights. You doing the hostel thing? Highly envious, dude.
Still working all that stuff out. I'm actually making the trip with my mom -- she lived in Europe for a long time and visited somewhere in the range of 50ish countries, but somehow managed to avoid Prague (and Budapest, where I'm also headed). It's actually working out pretty perfectly in that Prague was her idea, and the best time for me to get out of work is right around the dates of PDM. We'll have to grab a beer sometime soon and you can recommend some places to check out. It's been too long, man.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue March 19th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Brian wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:
Still working all that stuff out. I'm actually making the trip with my mom -- she lived in Europe for a long time and visited somewhere in the range of 50ish countries, but somehow managed to avoid Prague (and Budapest, where I'm also headed). It's actually working out pretty perfectly in that Prague was her idea, and the best time for me to get out of work is right around the dates of PDM. We'll have to grab a beer sometime soon and you can recommend some places to check out. It's been too long, man.
Oh wow, Budapest, too. Man, you're going to have such a good time. We definitely do need to catch up. Not sure how our paths haven't crossed in so long.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu June 20th, 2013, 3:29 pm

I am going to see Mare in Chicago on Oct. 19. Niantiel, Sortilegia, and Malefices are also playing. Already have one person to split the hotel with but if anyone else is interested in coming, I'm sure more space can be made.

zekeyou

Post by zekeyou » Mon July 15th, 2013, 8:25 am

Great Charlotte show on Friday, September 13 at the Tremont:

Raven
M-Pire of Evil
Hour of 13