Testament, Overkill, Flotsam & Jetsam

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

JägerWolf

Testament, Overkill, Flotsam & Jetsam

Post by JägerWolf » Sat November 17th, 2012, 4:39 am

Feb. 9, 2013 @ the masq.

From wrekage events page. Not sure about Testament live, but definitely looking forward for Overkill and F&J.
Last edited by JägerWolf on Sat November 17th, 2012, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sat November 17th, 2012, 6:04 am

Feb. 9th
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sat November 17th, 2012, 7:59 am

Happy Birthday to me.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Sat November 17th, 2012, 9:09 am

Nice!

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Sat November 17th, 2012, 5:09 pm

DERP! corrected it. Thanks Mel!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat November 17th, 2012, 7:26 pm

awww snap! Probably won't be able to make this one but I'm gonna try!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Mon November 19th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Is there any really good F&J? Most of what I've heard was decidely third tier. I'm sure it was great for the hometown crowd, but it never did much for me - and I've tried over and over. Maybe it was just the wrong time and place for me or maybe it's just kinda dull...
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon November 19th, 2012, 2:24 pm

badcarburetor wrote:Is there any really good F&J? Most of what I've heard was decidely third tier. I'm sure it was great for the hometown crowd, but it never did much for me - and I've tried over and over. Maybe it was just the wrong time and place for me or maybe it's just kinda dull...
No Place For Disgrace!!!

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon November 19th, 2012, 2:40 pm

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBE3mXKKw40?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBE3mXKKw40?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

zekeyou

Post by zekeyou » Mon November 19th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Yep, the first 2 Flots albums are great (Doomsday for the Deceiver & No Place for Disgrace), and When the Storm Comes Down is pretty decent despite the tinny production (complete with pre-St. Anger shit snare). They considerably became more "traditional" post these albums to my ears, but when they are good, they are awesome.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon November 19th, 2012, 3:55 pm

I haven't listened to No Displace for Disgrace in years, but I remember being disappointed when it came out. I should probably trot that one out and give it another listen.

Doomsday for the Deceiver, on the other hand, is a classic.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Mon November 19th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Knucklehead wrote:I haven't listened to No Displace for Disgrace in years, but I remember being disappointed when it came out. I should probably trot that one out and give it another listen.

That's about where I am, too. I never listen to DftD much because of that hideous cover the Elton John song. Leave that out and it's a good record. Nothing else they ever did could touch it?
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon November 19th, 2012, 5:06 pm

badcarburetor wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:I haven't listened to No Displace for Disgrace in years, but I remember being disappointed when it came out. I should probably trot that one out and give it another listen.

That's about where I am, too. I never listen to DftD much because of that hideous cover the Elton John song. Leave that out and it's a good record. Nothing else they ever did could touch it?
That hideous cover of the Elton John song is on No Place for Disgrace, and is one of the main reasons that I never listened to it much.

DftD, though, is solid all the way through. Plus, it showcases some incredible bass playing by Newsted. Apparently, he forgot all about it when he took his next job.

zekeyou

Post by zekeyou » Mon November 19th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Yeah, Newsted smokes on that album, particularly the title track-- some nice, Tommy Vetterli/Ron Royce-ish harmonies going on...

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue November 20th, 2012, 11:23 am

Knucklehead wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:

That hideous cover of the Elton John song is on No Place for Disgrace, and is one of the main reasons that I never listened to it much.

DftD, though, is solid all the way through. Plus, it showcases some incredible bass playing by Newsted. Apparently, he forgot all about it when he took his next job.
Just skip over the Elton John cover. No Place For Disgrace has some great songs that shouldn't be ignored just because of the one song.