Cruciamentum/Anhedonist on May 28

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue May 28th, 2013, 9:22 am

SlashAndThrash wrote:Yeah, I really wish they didnt do that to us. I have no idea why they did. I don't know if there's anything we can do about it.
There's probably not... I'd say they almost certainly did it because it's a Tuesday night and people will invariably leave early because of that so they didn't want one of the touring bands to get short changed on the crowd or people not come out because the band they want to see is playing too late.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue May 28th, 2013, 11:50 am

This shit is going to be the shit.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Mangled

Post by Mangled » Tue May 28th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Its all good, we are incredibly stoked to be playing this and by 1:30 there is no excuse to not be WASTED in the pit! SEE YOU ALL TONIGHT

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue May 28th, 2013, 6:18 pm

ahhh wish I could go!

You guys have fun, looking forward to reading the crazy stories that come from this one...
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed May 29th, 2013, 7:47 am

Cruciamentum and Anhedonist were both great.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed May 29th, 2013, 11:58 am

Unbelievably great show at 529 (never quite made it over to the Basement). Anhedonist and Cruciamentum both sounded better on that tiny little stage than any big venue/fest I've seen them on. The sound's always pretty good at 529, but it sounded damn near perfect from where I was standing. And Sadistic Ritual, Disfigurement, and Mangled again show some worthy out-of-towners what's really happening in Atlanta. I'd put our little crew toe to toe with about anyone on the planet right now. Late night and all...total success. There must've still been at least 100 people inside by the time Mangled finished. Just couldn't have been much better, in my opinion.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Wed May 29th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Kromosom was good...never heard of them until I looked at the lineup and checked out all the bands.

Sadistic Ritual always rules...finally bought the 7" (I've had it on a list of things to buy on a notepad file on my computer for months) and I don't even have a record player - just trying to support these guys since they're great

I've seen Speedwolf 3 times but they're always good...their old song with the different style of vocals was cool

Anhedonist was great - didn't really know about them prior to this show but I enjoyed them more than Cruciamentum. Sucks whatever happened to their gear and ended their set early

Abigail I'm not a fan of on album so far but they were good live - I saw 2 guys get in a fight, then both of them calmed down then a different fight broke out and one guy from the first fight broke up the 2nd fight. WTF?!

Didn't really like Cruciamentum's EP I listened to before the show but liked them live. They were just super heavy live.

Rotten Sound is who I was there to see mainly and they ruled and were the best band of the night, imo. I only saw them open for Ensiferum a few years ago and got there late and only saw one song so I'm glad I got to see a full set this time

I'm not super into brutal death and death metal in general as much as I once was but Mangled always rules and the crowd always goes nuts

Great show.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Wed May 29th, 2013, 1:43 pm

I HATE BEING POOR! :evil:

Would have loved to be there, but driving a big ole chevy downtown and back, plus ticket, plus beer just couldn't fit it in the budget after MDF.

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed May 29th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Y'all don't even want to know what I was doing. But I was glad to be doing it at home and not in the bathroom of 529. Or, more accurately, in the line in front of the bathroom of 529. Or my car. :cry:

Glad it was an awesome show.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Wed May 29th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Diana wrote:Y'all don't even want to know what I was doing. But I was glad to be doing it at home and not in the bathroom of 529. Or, more accurately, in the line in front of the bathroom of 529. Or my car. :cry:

Cleaning.

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed May 29th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Thrashmania wrote:
Diana wrote:Y'all don't even want to know what I was doing. But I was glad to be doing it at home and not in the bathroom of 529. Or, more accurately, in the line in front of the bathroom of 529. Or my car. :cry:

Cleaning.
Precisely.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed May 29th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Brian wrote:Cruciamentum and Anhedonist were both great.
Yes. Ditto what Tommy said about the locals too.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

MikeIllustrated

Post by MikeIllustrated » Wed May 29th, 2013, 7:20 pm

I still cant believe this was only $15 for all these great bands. Overall a great fucking time. Rotten Sound ruled above all.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed May 29th, 2013, 7:24 pm

GameFreac wrote: Sadistic Ritual always rules...finally bought the 7" (I've had it on a list of things to buy on a notepad file on my computer for months) and I don't even have a record player - just trying to support these guys since they're great

I kept forgetting too. There is a digital download link on the bottom right of the lyrics insert.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Wed May 29th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Because this wasn't even a possibility, I never paid much attention to the lineup. Anhedonist, Cruciamentum, and Speedwolf? I didn't realize Speedwolf was playing.

Damn.