OCT 21 - Blackest of the Black tour...MISFITS SET (W/Doyle)

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Tue September 27th, 2005, 6:14 am

TheKshatriya wrote:Petitioning The Empty Sky is my favorite. All the songs on it are good. Jane Doe is really good too.
I used to tout PTES as my favourite for a while, I think probably until I started actively listening to Jane Doe in headphones.

Jane Doe is probably their one and only release based on a single concept, executed with that concept in mind from start to finish, and by which I am still surprised even after four years of play.

Add to the mix that this is the album that pretty much solidified my involvement in heavy music, and you've got an amazing album with tons of emotional attachment.

I'm always interested to hear why people pick other albums besides Jane Doe as their favourite, because comparitively, I find it really apparent that Jane Doe is the standout of their catalogue, music- and engineering-wise (& yes, I am considering the remasters of PTES & WFCC).

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue September 27th, 2005, 9:21 am

This is going to be a great show...I'm not too familiar with Danzig or the Misfits but I do like what I have heard by both (especially Danzig). I absolutely love Behemoth though. I was going to go to the Danzig show last April but it was sold out so this time I bought the ticket early! I also don't know anything by Mortiis. From what I understand is that he played black metal and then got into electronica/ ambient Burzum-like stuff. I don't know if that's right but I want to see him anyway. I also read somewhere that 30% of the people in Norway have sex while listening to Mortiis...I thought that was pretty funny!

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Wed September 28th, 2005, 2:20 am

Metalfreak wrote:This is going to be a great show...I'm not too familiar with Danzig or the Misfits but I do like what I have heard by both (especially Danzig). I absolutely love Behemoth though. I was going to go to the Danzig show last April but it was sold out so this time I bought the ticket early! I also don't know anything by Mortiis. From what I understand is that he played black metal and then got into electronica/ ambient Burzum-like stuff. I don't know if that's right but I want to see him anyway. I also read somewhere that 30% of the people in Norway have sex while listening to Mortiis...I thought that was pretty funny!
Last April Danzig was a huge MEH. I just don't like the dude from Prong. He makes all the old songs sound like the new ones with his shitty guitar tone.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri October 7th, 2005, 3:22 am

I feel kinda sorry for Mortiis, too.

But, if he gets beat up by the crowd, as long as his wings aren't too badly damaged he can always fly to the hospital under his own power. :twisted: