Watain booking for fall shows NOW!

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

coltongsmith

Watain booking for fall shows NOW!

Post by coltongsmith » Tue July 30th, 2013, 8:50 am

I know Watain has booked a show at Tremont I think in october and there are currently booking a whole US tour so Masquerade needs to get to booking this amazing band again.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue July 30th, 2013, 8:53 am

What is the date for the Tremont show?
E. said in a recent interview that they're working on bringing In Solitude as direct support for the US tour. Dream bill...

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed July 31st, 2013, 6:01 am

WATAIN/IN SOLITUDE/TRIBULATION IS THE PACKAGE!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Wed July 31st, 2013, 7:03 am

book 'em, danno
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

justinm4bama

Post by justinm4bama » Wed July 31st, 2013, 1:19 pm

This tour is going to be fucking awesome! I hope we get them!

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Wed July 31st, 2013, 5:35 pm

Holy shit TRIBULATION
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Bitch

Post by Bitch » Wed July 31st, 2013, 11:17 pm

Yes please! Is it true that the Masq didn't let them throw blood last time they came? I didn't see them that time but someone told me that's what happened. Saw them a couple of years ago in hell at the Masquerade though and was blown away and they had all the gore with them then, it smelled god awful lol. The guy next to me described it perfectly by yelling "It smell like a fucking tackle box in here!" It was an amazing show.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu August 1st, 2013, 6:15 am

Bitch wrote:Yes please! Is it true that the Masq didn't let them throw blood last time they came? I didn't see them that time but someone told me that's what happened. Saw them a couple of years ago in hell at the Masquerade though and was blown away and they had all the gore with them then, it smelled god awful lol. The guy next to me described it perfectly by yelling "It smell like a fucking tackle box in here!" It was an amazing show.
I was at both shows, and this is my recollection also. For the show in Hell they brought everything, but last time they didn't. If Masquerade is indeed responsible for this, I would like to kindly request they don't puss out this time.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Thu August 1st, 2013, 7:05 am

no blood and they smelled like roses. Book it somewhere else this time.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu August 1st, 2013, 7:56 am

Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood Presents:
Watain
Sponsored by Budweiser

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu August 1st, 2013, 8:12 am

SlashAndThrash wrote:Holy shit TRIBULATION
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Thu August 1st, 2013, 9:29 am

They should hand out scratch and sniff cards to give the Odorama experience to those who want it. Everyone wins!
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu August 1st, 2013, 11:44 am

The last show they played was with Behemoth at the Masquerade in Heaven. My understanding is that Behemoth was the one that objected and not so much the Masquerade. I might be wrong about that. I know that last time that Watain head-lined a the Masquerade, the smell lingered for quite awhile, perhaps a couple of weeks.

It is a little weird that so much of the talk about Watain's live shows revolves around the smell. There certainly is a lot more going on: it appeared to me that the last time they played in Hell, it was almost as if they were performing an actual ritual. And E certainly mutters a lot to himself, making me wonder if he is reciting something.

I get that the smell of death is an integral part of their show. And, it did seem to me that their show was less impactful when they played with Behemoth, because the olfactory cues were missing. But it makes me wonder, how much of that is just schtick?

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu August 1st, 2013, 12:10 pm

Most here will probably not agree with me but I'd say very little, if any, is schtick. People like to shit on Watain these days but they are one of the most genuine bands in all of Metal.

GreenMeatShop

Post by GreenMeatShop » Thu August 1st, 2013, 12:34 pm

I think it all just adds to the overall atmosphere of the show, which was awesome. The Hell show was an overwhelmingly evil experience, from the death smell (which i thought smelled like rotting catfish stinkbait so the tacklebox comment it right), to the incense smell that added to it, to the corpses and bone decorations, to the lighting and billowing smoke, finally the band's performance as a whole. Erik seemed fucking possessed. The show was Behemoth was awesome musically as well, but it was definitely more intense with all the other senses coming into it. The Behemoth theory songs accurate though, because I heard multiple people from different states say the same "the venue wouldn't allow it" thing with the full props and smell. More they didn't do it the whole tour. Their clothes still reeked though if you were up close, a faint remnant of the full experience.