Sadistic Intent?

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Wed May 7th, 2014, 7:31 pm

heavyR wrote:Driving from Nashville for this, leaving work at like 4 CST should put me there just in time for the opening band. I assume the venue is big enough that I don't need to worry about tix selling out?
It's not a huge place or anything. I've never seen the 529 sell out, but then again I've never heard of someone driving all the way from Nashville to go to 529!

heavyR

Post by heavyR » Wed May 7th, 2014, 7:32 pm

I never thought I'd get the chance to see SI!

That_Matt_Guy

re

Post by That_Matt_Guy » Wed May 7th, 2014, 8:28 pm

This will be my first show at the 529.

Blasphemy, I know....

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Wed May 7th, 2014, 8:51 pm

heavyR wrote:Driving from Nashville for this, leaving work at like 4 CST should put me there just in time for the opening band. I assume the venue is big enough that I don't need to worry about tix selling out?
Hope ya make it in time, both Cesspool and Lectures are quality local death metal.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu May 8th, 2014, 6:11 am

heavyR wrote:Driving from Nashville for this
Please excuse me while I turn into a fretting mother hen for a moment:

I feel I should warn you that if you're using GPS, this area of town is a big old dead zone. D-E-A-D. I frequently send texts from the parking lot only to have them delivered hours later as I am driving home. So don't count on technology to get you all the way there. Print out your directions. :(

Secondly, be careful where you park so you don't get towed or booted because they love out-of-state tags, and if anyone can offer more specific advice on this, please jump in. I usually get very lucky and find a space behind 529, but not always. Driving all the way from Nashville and then spending 6 hours trying to round up cash to get a fucking boot off or find where they towed your car will ruin your trip. :(

Okay, I feel better now. :)

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Thu May 8th, 2014, 7:04 am

Diana wrote:
heavyR wrote:Driving from Nashville for this
Please excuse me while I turn into a fretting mother hen for a moment:

I feel I should warn you that if you're using GPS, this area of town is a big old dead zone. D-E-A-D. I frequently send texts from the parking lot only to have them delivered hours later as I am driving home. So don't count on technology to get you all the way there. Print out your directions. :(

Secondly, be careful where you park so you don't get towed or booted because they love out-of-state tags, and if anyone can offer more specific advice on this, please jump in. I usually get very lucky and find a space behind 529, but not always. Driving all the way from Nashville and then spending 6 hours trying to round up cash to get a fucking boot off or find where they towed your car will ruin your trip. :(

Okay, I feel better now. :)
Damn, Diana! Why don't you scare him to death! Oh, by the way, HeavyR, all the street names change every four blocks and there are like six Peachtree Streets, so you'd better make a spreadsheet of your directions and print them out. And there's a one-eyed mongoloid who roams the streets of East Atlanta close to the 529 who likes to bugger folks whose names begin with R. And did anyone mention the earthquake frequency we have down here in Georgia?

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu May 8th, 2014, 7:21 am

Moloc wrote:Damn, Diana! Why don't you scare him to death! Oh, by the way, HeavyR, all the street names change every four blocks and there are like six Peachtree Streets, so you'd better make a spreadsheet of your directions and print them out. And there's a one-eyed mongoloid who roams the streets of East Atlanta close to the 529 who likes to bugger folks whose names begin with R. And did anyone mention the earthquake frequency we have down here in Georgia?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that mongoloid. Thanks, Moloc! But the good news is the place is surrounded by a hundred restaurants, so don't worry about finding food. Hooray!

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Thu May 8th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Moloc wrote:
It's not a huge place or anything. I've never seen the 529 sell out, but then again I've never heard of someone driving all the way from Nashville to go to 529!
I did it for Vektor. 3 hour drive there, 3 hour drive back. Class at 8am.

Totally worth it.

And shows usually start later at 529 so you should be good man.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri May 9th, 2014, 10:35 am

I have just been informed that the Plaza will be showing "Predator" on the big screen at the very same time as this event. With "Predator" being my favorite movie, as well as the greatest cinematic achievement of our time, I'm sure everyone will understand that I must make my apologies and alter my shedyool accordingly.

Good day.

heavyR

Post by heavyR » Mon May 12th, 2014, 4:57 pm

TOMORROW!!! Everyone I know who attended other dates on this tour has had nothing but positive remarks about SI's playing, setlists, etc. Can't wait, my name is Phil by the way. I've got brown shorter hair and glasses. If I get a chance I'll post what shirt I'll be wearing before heading out of town. Come find me at the show if you're feeling friendly.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon May 12th, 2014, 5:24 pm

^I believe I met you at the Mare gig in Chicago.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon May 12th, 2014, 5:37 pm

WHAT ARE FRIENDS?!?

deathgasmrecords

Post by deathgasmrecords » Tue May 13th, 2014, 2:40 pm

TONIGHT!

Hope to see everyone there!

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Wed May 14th, 2014, 2:04 am

Truly amazing.
Thanks,
SBG