Death to All, Obituary, Massacre 12/5

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Death to All, Obituary, Massacre 12/5

Post by Brian » Tue August 5th, 2014, 1:09 pm

at Masq

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Tue August 5th, 2014, 2:19 pm

Couldn't get Monstrosity, Brutality, and Resurrection to play as well?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Tue August 5th, 2014, 11:17 pm

zla vydra wrote:Couldn't get Monstrosity, Brutality, and Resurrection to play as well?
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Tue August 5th, 2014, 11:17 pm

stoked on obituary again (hopefully with lead guitar this time), but heaven?
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

coltongsmith

Post by coltongsmith » Thu August 7th, 2014, 1:13 pm

melkor wrote:stoked on obituary again (hopefully with lead guitar this time), but heaven?
Death to All is too big to play in Hell. The show that was canceled a few years ago was in Heaven as well

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri August 8th, 2014, 5:56 am

coltongsmith wrote:
melkor wrote:stoked on obituary again (hopefully with lead guitar this time), but heaven?
Death to All is too big to play in Hell. The show that was canceled a few years ago was in Heaven as well
Yeah, and it was canceled supposedly because they weren't selling enough tickets. Well, at least it's $20 this time around instead of $30.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue August 12th, 2014, 9:29 am

melkor wrote:(hopefully with lead guitar this time)
Saw them on Saturday with two guitars. No idea who the new guy was, but he was more than Obituary worthy.

masquerade

Post by masquerade » Fri December 5th, 2014, 4:55 pm

Reminder: TONIGHT!

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Sat December 6th, 2014, 3:16 am

Fantastic show. DTA *IS* Death. Fucker looks and sounds just like Chuck.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sat December 6th, 2014, 4:38 am

Obituary set fucking ruled. Didn't think beforehand that they'd get to play 12-13 songs, but they did! Wish I hadn't been the only one in the air during their set...

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat December 6th, 2014, 7:29 am

Did they play much off of Scream Bloody Gore or Leprosy?

Work has been ridiculous the past two and a half months. This coming week will be the end of it, but I was asleep by 9:00 last night.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sat December 6th, 2014, 7:38 am

Knucklehead wrote:Did they play much off of Scream Bloody Gore or Leprosy?
The usual suspects...
Zombie, Baptized in Blood
Leprosy, Left to Die, Pull the Plug

Massacre covered Mutilation

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat December 6th, 2014, 7:39 am

I completely forgot that Massacre was on this, too.

I am a dumbass. Zombie Scott should have dragged his dead ass to the ritual.

ksarikhani

Post by ksarikhani » Mon December 8th, 2014, 2:08 pm

It's been a long time since I've been to the Masquerade, but I had an excellent time at this show.

Rivers of Nihil went on first, but I didn't particularly care for their material. Admittedly, I was in the back when they were playing, so maybe it was better up front. The sound was muddy, but that may have been the engineer for all I know. Even so, they clearly have the chops and I'll give credit to anyone who takes the time to get up there and play.

I went up near the front for Massacre, and they really did an amazing job. I miss Kam's vocals, but new guy Ed can belt it out. Rick clearly still worships at the altar of the whammy bar gods, but it's his sound. :) They were able to replicate their recorded sound pretty well; very well done. I only wish they would have played "Inhuman Condition."

For both Obituary and DTA, I was front and center. Obituary absolutely killed it, and it was great to hear them play a lot of the older tunes. I don't know who he was, but their new lead guitarist did a fine job. No idea how Trevor's able to play with his guitar hanging below his knees though. Would have liked to have seen Frank still thumping the bass for them, but Terry's a good fit for them and he did great.

DTA was phenomenal...I was really hoping that Paul and Sean were going to be touring with them, but Gene and Bobby were a pleasant surprise. Always great to hear Mr. DiGiorgio play. I have to say though, Max Phelps did a phenomenal job on Chuck's parts and vocals. I know it's a bit cheesy, but if you closed your eyes and took in all of the sounds, it was almost like Chuck was still with us.

All in all, an excellent show...of course, all the back pain and neck pain the following day sucked. Getting way too old to be up front.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue December 9th, 2014, 9:27 pm

What song did Obituary use as an intro? Molly Hatchet? Skynard? I know the song but I cant remember and its bothering the fuck out of me.

Edit: nevermind thought of it