Taake/Young and in the Way/Wolvhammer - 6/23

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu March 3rd, 2016, 9:13 am

Moloc wrote:Ha! I had four, bitch!
U SUQ
ratanda wrote:Left after about 4 songs of Taake.
U SUQ but you took good photos with my phone, so you are forgiven, for now
Knucklehead wrote:I enjoyed Taake quite a bit.
Please keep me posted, you know what I'm talking about. I'm gonna need closure.

Taake kicked much ass, and I was also impressed at the turnout. And I have renewed admiration for Tommy after wrangling those two hellcats into my car and somehow depositing them on the correct porch despite all of their efforts to the contrary. Your hands are full, my friend. Respect.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu March 3rd, 2016, 2:06 pm

I'm hellcat certified...and usually half in the bag myself, to be honest. Fun times.

Second half of the Taake set was fantastic. Had forgotten what a ham Hoest is, though. What the hell was that YMCA tiwaz rune thing he was doing?

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu March 3rd, 2016, 2:23 pm

HAHA! When he folded both elbows over his head? I missed the beginning of that because of the goddamn migraine strobes. :( Maybe someone that didn't have their eyes closed can fill us in.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu March 3rd, 2016, 5:43 pm

Also I think the girl next to me was crying for half the show. Her date kept petting her and clutching her to his chest. Poor dear.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri March 4th, 2016, 12:48 pm

Taake fucking ruled. So glad they played Hordaland doedskvad Parts 1-3 since that's the first album I heard from them and my favorite. Guitars were barely audible the first 4-5 songs, but after that everything was great.

What the fuck was up with the 45 minute set change though? I got there at 10 so I could just see Taake and go to sleep but nope.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat March 5th, 2016, 7:08 am

GameFreac wrote:What the fuck was up with the 45 minute set change though?
Is that how long it was? I said "fuck it, I'm going to the bathroom again." On the way back I passed the schedule taped to that red door and it said "TAAKE - 11:00." They started a couple minutes after 11. So I guess that weird long-ass break kept things on schedule? Or maybe they had to finish their chili cheese fries. #rockandrolltime

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sat March 5th, 2016, 2:04 pm

Diana wrote:
GameFreac wrote:What the fuck was up with the 45 minute set change though?
Is that how long it was? I said "fuck it, I'm going to the bathroom again." On the way back I passed the schedule taped to that red door and it said "TAAKE - 11:00." They started a couple minutes after 11. So I guess that weird long-ass break kept things on schedule? Or maybe they had to finish their chili cheese fries. #rockandrolltime
Well maybe that's why...I hate how the Masq set times are different for every show now. It used to be the same pattern so I knew when to show up if I didn't give a fuck about the openers or was tired.