HHB Roll Call

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri September 4th, 2015, 11:03 am

piza
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri September 4th, 2015, 11:07 am

Melkor was also murdered last night.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri September 4th, 2015, 11:34 am

broo!
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri September 4th, 2015, 11:52 am

MS_39455 wrote:I think I'm still drunk. Prosanctus Inferi in a couple of hours. Whiskey/beer.
That's doing it right.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri September 4th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Fucking Cianide!

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri September 4th, 2015, 11:40 pm

Today: Cianide > Abysmal Lord > Everything else. Less whiskey today, equal beer.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Sat September 5th, 2015, 9:37 pm

I don't know if I hit the alcohol quantity jackpot for Satanic Warmaster or what, but they're blowing my goddamn brains out!!!

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sun September 6th, 2015, 1:41 am

abysmal lord is still winning

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon September 7th, 2015, 12:19 am

fukkin archgoat

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon September 7th, 2015, 8:22 am

Preliminary report, #1

I just got home from the flight back and I am still drunk from last night so this report is what it is. Apparently I was murdered, too, so I've got that goin' for me.

Friday: Cody and Tommy already nailed this one. Prosanctus crushed, as expected. Abysmal Lord stole the night for me. Cianide was so fucking good.

Saturday: Only saw half of Hellvetron but it ruled, and so did the Haunting Presence. Would have loved to hate Evil Army's set but I cannot deny that they sounded really good. Profanatica was sooo promising and then Paul fucking walked off the stage 25 minutes into a set that had already started late.

Sunday: Missed every band before Nyog, like a fool. Inquisition was great as expected, but they were pretty much the only only ones of the entire weekend who were having equipment problems. Black Witchery never disappoints. Archgoat was the best of the entire fest.

In general: Astounded with the whole thing. Schedule was on point except for the last few bands on Saturday and Sunday. The Agora is a really neat venue, albeit a warm one on a Cleveland summer night. Sound quality was as good as you could expect for a production of this variety on one stage. A number of bands suffered from way too quiet guitars (Black Witchery, Deiphago, the Haunting Presence), but the headlining bands all sounded killer, especially Cianide, Profanatica, and Archgoat. Those three all sounded huge and pretty much exactly like all their respective best records. Impressive. Also very pleased at the number of Atlanta folk who made it out to this. To the rest of you, ya missed out.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon September 7th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Was Evan playing with Profanatica? Or was he just playing rehearsals down here? I chatted with him a bit the last time I was at the 529, but I don't remember now exactly what he told me.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon September 7th, 2015, 3:56 pm

Knucklehead wrote:Was Evan playing with Profanatica? Or was he just playing rehearsals down here? I chatted with him a bit the last time I was at the 529, but I don't remember now exactly what he told me.
No, it was supposed to have been Alex C. at one point (not sure who it was actually), but from what Evan said that night, it's probably a miracle that we managed to see as much of them as we did. Still a highlight for me and basically my initial reason for going. Doubt we'll see Profanatica again for a long time.

Missed Hellvetron, Nexul, and Manticore because of some weird no re-entry thing that no one seemed to be able to make heads or tails of, but saw basically everything else I wanted to. Abysmal Lord, Cianide, Profanatica, Nyogthaeblisz, Demonic Christ, Satanic Warmaster, Archgoat, Black Witchery...ffuuuuck, all so, so good. And why the fuck has Inquisition stopped playing Crush?

I feel like absolute shit. I got lost in the grocery store a moment ago. Legendary weekend. Raven and Negura Bunget tonight.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Tue September 8th, 2015, 8:22 am

MS_39455 wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:Was Evan playing with Profanatica? Or was he just playing rehearsals down here? I chatted with him a bit the last time I was at the 529, but I don't remember now exactly what he told me.
No, it was supposed to have been Alex C. at one point (not sure who it was actually), but from what Evan said that night, it's probably a miracle that we managed to see as much of them as we did. Still a highlight for me and basically my initial reason for going. Doubt we'll see Profanatica again for a long time.
Apparently it was Alex.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue September 8th, 2015, 8:27 am

Weird, didn't recognize him under that inquisitor's gear.