ARCH ENEMY, where the fuck were you?

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

shattered
AtlantaMetal Staff

ARCH ENEMY, where the fuck were you?

Post by shattered » Tue August 30th, 2005, 11:49 pm

Can I get a what what for an amazing show, Black Dahlia Murder rocked us out. The Haunted were fucking amazing, and Arch Enemy topped off the night like no other.
Maybe you saw me, I was the little guy with the brown t-shirt and rolled up jeans punching you in the face and you punched me back, hate at first sight...j/k
Cliff
WRAS Atlanta 88.5FM Loud Rok Director
Host: We're Not Gonna Take It

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Wed August 31st, 2005, 5:32 am

Watched TV & chilled in the "Take it to the Limit" Lounge in the IDT/BDM bus.
Ate Chipotle & had burrito stomach ache all night.
IDT get better & better.
The Haunted was good, but not nearly as good as when I saw them in NYC in 2003.
Tried to go see Breather Resist, but they had cancelled.
Couldn't stay during BDM because I thought I was going to puke the burrito back up.
Arch Enemy was better than I thought they would be, but I still don't like them.
Got free shit.
Rode back home like clowns in Greg's new car.

With the exception of my stomach ache and Breather Resist cancelling, a stellar night was had.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed August 31st, 2005, 8:21 am

I was there, and have the bruises to prove it. I have a bruise on my nose that I had to tell my boss I got at a flag football game, haha.

I saw like pretty much everyone I've met since doing Wrekage there except for the Deathgasm/AD crew. Holly and Mike were there, former Wrekage-Alex was there, Steve Cannon, Jimmy Marietta, the boys from Ground Xero and Threat of Life were there (both of whom tore it up downstairs), and quite a few others I hadn't seen in a while.

I even saw a guy in a Wrekage shirt, he said he got it at an Unblessed show a few years ago.

This was the best BDM sounded by far the best out of like the 380 times they've played in Atlanta, perhaps they were re-invigorated by having new material to play. I think The Haunted would have been better if they'd played more older stuff but they were still damn good, that's the pit I got smacked in the nose. Arch Enemy wound up playing a lot of old stuff which was totally cool with me, I think they only played two songs off the new album and a lot of stuff off of Wages of Sin. Angela was looking mighty fine in her Morbid Angel gear too. :twisted:

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Wed August 31st, 2005, 9:22 am

Greg wrote:I saw like pretty much everyone I've met since doing Wrekage there except for the Deathgasm/AD crew. Holly and Mike were there, former Wrekage-Alex was there, Steve Cannon, Jimmy Marietta, the boys from Ground Xero and Threat of Life were there (both of whom tore it up downstairs), and quite a few others I hadn't seen in a while.
Yeah, we drove by the Masquerade on our way to see Red Sparrowes/Zombi. It was a good show.

shattered
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by shattered » Wed August 31st, 2005, 3:17 pm

Damn, how the fuck do you guys have the hook up like that? I was wandering around trying to talk to everyone and his mother just for some drops for WRAS, let me know next time you guys go to a show so maybe I can piggyback if cool with you guys.
Cliff
WRAS Atlanta 88.5FM Loud Rok Director
Host: We're Not Gonna Take It

andyb

Post by andyb » Wed August 31st, 2005, 3:35 pm

i hate arch enemy, that singer gets on my nerves
black dahlia murder is the shit though. and ill give this to arch enemy. their drummer has some fast fuckin feet
hope you all fucking rot

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Wed August 31st, 2005, 4:20 pm

shattered wrote:Damn, how the fuck do you guys have the hook up like that? I was wandering around trying to talk to everyone and his mother just for some drops for WRAS, let me know next time you guys go to a show so maybe I can piggyback if cool with you guys.
It's called "having friends."

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri September 2nd, 2005, 12:46 am

I snuck in with my friend Cam between sets at the The Power and the Glory and Red Sparrows show.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Sat September 3rd, 2005, 7:57 pm

It seems like no one else noticed that Christopher wasn't there. And Angela even said this is so and so, he's filling in because Chris quit.
And I can't find anything to back this up on the internet. But the guitarist on the right side of the stage was not Christ Amott.

Yeah so this was really me that originally posted this. Damn computers at school keep you logged in.