Marty Friedman - 2/16

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Marty Friedman - 2/16

Post by Brian » Tue November 3rd, 2015, 2:12 pm

at Masq

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Tue November 3rd, 2015, 3:20 pm

¿¡WHAT!?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed February 17th, 2016, 9:07 am

How was this? Anyone go?

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed February 17th, 2016, 2:05 pm

It was good. Really good. It was a lot of fun, which I didn't expect. One of the tightest performances I've ever seen by any band. He did a medley of old stuff including his Tornado of Souls solos and stuff from Dragon's Kiss.

His bassist and drummer were totally hamming it up, for the first half of the show they kept going around raising their arms, yelling, "Come on!", and putting their hands to their ears like they can't hear you.

The way Hell is set up, their hands were blocked by everyone's heads, so it almost looked like they were just standing there making faces while a CD played of guitars shredding.

Towards the end of the show he introduced the band, and kept saying he wasn't done with introductions, making you think he was leaving himself for last, but they actually pulled someone from the audience to jam with them. It was Taylor and he did a good job.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed February 17th, 2016, 3:44 pm

Also, the way Hell is setup, you couldn't see the bands' hands over peoples' heads. So sometimes it looked like they were just standing there making faces while a CD of guitar shredding was playing over the PA.

CAlexanderParra

Post by CAlexanderParra » Thu February 18th, 2016, 12:08 am

ratanda wrote:Also, the way Hell is setup, you couldn't see the bands' hands over peoples' heads. So sometimes it looked like they were just standing there making faces while a CD of guitar shredding was playing over the PA.
I can imagine, I was pretty close to the front on the right side so I got a pretty good view and they did play SO tight it was pretty unreal, not a single bum note the entire set after millions of notes whizzing by. So energetic too, you can tell they all love doing what they do 100%. So glad we got Taylor up there with them, he was nervous as fuck but played it off super well.