WITTR/Cloak

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

WITTR/Cloak

Post by Knucklehead » Mon September 19th, 2016, 8:00 am

Evidently, Wolves in the Throne Room played last night.

Anybody go? Did they play any old songs? How was Cloak?

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon September 19th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Yes

They played songs from all their albums except Black Cascade...only saw 2 Cloak songs. Wasn't into em.

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Mon September 19th, 2016, 9:35 pm

I had never heard any of their stuff, just listened to a song they sound very Agalloch type to me (but with female and clean vocals)
would that be a fair assessment?

if yes, I should have gone to this - but this was never in the concert sticky nor a thread - and I only found out yesterday when I saw it on earl's site when looking for the Skeletonwitch show

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon September 19th, 2016, 10:26 pm

Give their first two records, Diadem of 12 Stars and Two Hunters, a listen.

Don't know nuthin' bout no Agalloch.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue September 20th, 2016, 10:57 am

elatihc wrote:but this was never in the concert sticky nor a thread - and I only found out yesterday when I saw it on earl's site when looking for the Skeletonwitch show
You might want to check the link on the main index page and in the concert sticky for the WREKage Events Page every once in a while. They more often than not list shows that are not included in the concert sticky here.

A reminder to everyone: If there is a show not listed in the concert sticky here on the forum that you think should be included feel free to PM me or make some mention of it in a thread.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue September 20th, 2016, 11:22 am

we do try to catch most shows but ultimately we're just fans/volunteers -- can't catch em all.

The previous thread on this show can be found here: http://forum.atlantametal.net/viewtopic.php?t=8475

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue September 20th, 2016, 11:35 am

Ha! I was the fucker that posted it.

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Tue September 20th, 2016, 12:03 pm

Brian wrote:we do try to catch most shows but ultimately we're just fans/volunteers -- can't catch em all.

The previous thread on this show can be found here: http://forum.atlantametal.net/viewtopic.php?t=8475
I did not mean it as a criticism of you guys (was just an observation)..of course you do a great job of highlighting most of the shows.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue September 20th, 2016, 12:21 pm

elatihc wrote:
Brian wrote:we do try to catch most shows but ultimately we're just fans/volunteers -- can't catch em all.

I did not mean it as a criticism of you guys (was just an observation)..of course you do a great job of highlighting most of the shows.
No way, dude. Not taken as criticism at all. I was actually finally admitting that I intentionally exclude some shows from the concert sticky that I think might not be of interest to the handful of us that still post here (or more truthfully that I just don't like). So again, everyone, feel free to call me out on it at any time.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Tue September 20th, 2016, 12:43 pm

stop subjugating us with your good taste!

edit: wows, post of the beast
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue September 20th, 2016, 1:46 pm

elatihc wrote:

None taken, sorry if it came off that way. I was dealing with a particularly wet and acidic #2 which I thought was an appropriate time to give my thoughts on Wolves in the Throne Room shows >_>

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Tue September 20th, 2016, 1:47 pm

tmi, b
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue September 20th, 2016, 2:56 pm

Those early records are well worth listening to, man. I don't know what you're talking about.