Obituary and Napalm Death

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu September 15th, 2005, 10:17 am

yeah i was drunk last night when i talked to you.... i dont even care anymore.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu September 15th, 2005, 10:32 am

Matt wrote:hey neal, that was pretty fucking gay when your drummer told me obituary fucking sucks tonight on the phone. thats pure disrespect for classic death metal. i bet he has never even heard slowly we rot, cause of death, or the end complete.
You should probably take that up with Pat instead of Neal.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu September 15th, 2005, 6:12 pm

hahah i dont even really care anymore, last night i was really drunk and it pissed me off for some reason.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu September 15th, 2005, 7:21 pm

ratanda wrote:
holly wrote: ETID is the real anomaly on this show.
They may as well be a rock band, yet every aspect of heavy music promotion jocks them as the next coming.
Are all the non-label companies like McGathy, Syndicate and Skateboard working on that album? In the case of those companies, they're just paid to promote them that way regardless of how good the band is. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know.

As an aside, when I used to do radio, Mercury (or whichever label it was) hired ALL the promotion companies to work Kid Rock and that fucking album skyrocketed to the top of all the college loud rock/metal charts! And it was shit!!
Not really.
The Syn is...I don't know what McGathy is, though.

There is a lot of crap out right now that's on the rosters of more than one of those companies, though, and it's pretty damn annoying sometimes.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat September 17th, 2005, 12:56 am

i think im deaf in my right ear from this show.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sat September 17th, 2005, 1:41 pm

Seeing Obituary brought back memories, good and bad haha. The good songs and the crappy songs. Ony THREE songs from Cause of Death... I was surprised they didn't play more. And they didn't even play The End Complete or I Don't Care. Ending with Til Death and Slowly We Rot was cool though. Dying live was awesome too.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat September 17th, 2005, 5:28 pm

i was very suprised they played so much stuff off the new record....and not stuff off world demise or the end complete. the encore was probably favorite part, seeing til death and slowly we rot. i also cant believe they didnt play infected or bodybag. and i didnt like it how they didnt play all of chopped in half, but when they mixed it with turned inside out, it still sounded cool.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon September 19th, 2005, 12:42 am

They should just jump the bandwagon and play Cause of Death in it's entirety. Now that would have been a comeback tour.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri September 23rd, 2005, 4:03 pm

That was my first time seeing Obituary and they are the best live death metal band I've ever seen! I was completely blown away! @ whoever said the Roxy would suck: I really like that venue better than the Masquerade! The sloped floor is great! Now, I have to get the rest of the Obituary CDs I don't have...