Iced Earth/Sanctuary/Kill Ritual - 3/17/18

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Thrashmania

Iced Earth/Sanctuary/Kill Ritual - 3/17/18

Post by Thrashmania » Tue November 28th, 2017, 1:18 pm

@ Masq

Saturday, March 17th in Heaven at The Masquerade - Iced Earth, Sanctuary, Kill Ritual. $25 ADV / 7:00 PM Door

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue November 28th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Here’s a funny story: Wiese and I once broke camp at a metal festival in Germany and left before Iced Earth played their headlining set.

We were both okay with that.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Wed November 29th, 2017, 10:09 am

Here's a funny story: I went to ProgPower one year specifically to see Iced Earth. They played most of what I didn't want to hear and busted an amp and played a short set.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed November 29th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Here's a funny story: I saw Iced Earth and Megadeth at the Buckhead Theater when it was still called The Roxy (2001?). After the show both bands were hanging out by their buses signing autographs and talking to fans. I said Hi to Dave Mustaine and just began talking really fast while he was strangely quiet the whole time. I looked down and realized he had his hand out waiting for me to shake it the whole time.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed November 29th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Here's another funny story: On the 70k 2016 cruise, once we were at the airport to come home a guy was in line in front of us at security who wouldn't shut up, speaking to the nice middle aged security lady, about how he was in a band. She was charmed by him and into it, laughing at his stupid jokes and whatever. I'm like, dude, no one cares about whatever little band you're in from bumfuck Oklahoma or whatever, hurry it up. Turns out it was Iced Earth's singer. Not Barlow but new guy.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Wed November 29th, 2017, 4:10 pm

ratanda wrote:Here's another funny story: On the 70k 2016 cruise, once we were at the airport to come home a guy was in line in front of us at security who wouldn't shut up, speaking to the nice middle aged security lady, about how he was in a band. She was charmed by him and into it, laughing at his stupid jokes and whatever. I'm like, dude, no one cares about whatever little band you're in from bumfuck Oklahoma or whatever, hurry it up. Turns out it was Iced Earth's singer. Not Barlow but new guy.
Ha! I think he was doing that the whole way off the boat. We ran in to him doing it too. Saying some shit about having to be in Bangladesh or whereever and he was going to miss his flight. I wanted to be all, "Hey Stu--plan ahead accordingly. Back of the line slacker!". But I didn't.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed December 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm

Warrel Dane RIP

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Wed December 13th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Brian wrote:Warrel Dane RIP
that was sudden.

RIP. I’ll always remember that progpower set
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Wed December 13th, 2017, 9:17 pm

wtf! that was indeed sudden. Just bought tickets for the show in Dallas.

Looks like IE shows are jinxed for me.. Travelled 500 miles back in India to see Kreator and Iced Earth in 2012, only to find IE did not get visas and couldn't travel.