Brutality, Withered, Order of the Owl, Steel Bearing Hand, etc. 3/30

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Brutality, Withered, Order of the Owl, Steel Bearing Hand, etc. 3/30

Post by MS_39455 » Tue February 19th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Brutality
Withered
Order of the Owl
Steel Bearing Hand
Canopy
Old Thrones

Saturday, March 30, 2019
at The Basement
1245 Glenwood Ave SE
Atlanta, GA 30316
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

zla vydra

Re: Brutality, Withered, Order of the Owl, Steel Bearing Hand, etc. 3/30

Post by zla vydra » Mon February 25th, 2019, 8:28 am

Looking forward to this. Haven't see Brutality since the mid-90s.

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Sun March 31st, 2019, 8:38 am

Otherwise known as the night Steel Bearing Hand destroyed Atlanta.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun March 31st, 2019, 9:56 am

Holy fuck. You're not kidding. I'm not sure how I've never seen them before. Seen the name on flyers/posters a bunch and even been to some shows they've played apparently, but always missed them somehow. Was totally caught off guard and blown away. Haven't felt this way since I saw Living Decay for the first time. They ruled the night and definitely destroyed Atlanta. Color me all kinds of impressed.

And I apologize to anyone I attempted to speak words to after about 11:00 PM. I have a new favorite bar tender at the Basement now.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Sun March 31st, 2019, 12:05 pm

Extremely impressive performance. Really liked the extended leads, which contained zero wankery, just kick-ass thrash shredding. The guitarist who didn't do vocals had the Mike Scaccia faster-than-the-speed-of-light picking hand thing going.

Nice crowd when I arrived, but man, things started to drag with Withered. I've always thought those guys were much better in theory than practice. I wish Brutality had gone on before them. I only made it to "Cries of the Forsaken," then had to wave the white flag, with an hour drive home looming.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sun March 31st, 2019, 1:18 pm

the stars truly aligned for the usurpers from dallas last night. you had your guys who had seen them before, like me and several others, but were still ill-prepared for the onslaught theretofore. I enjoyed canopy, esp. the neurosesque vocals, but sludge was never my thing bar a few exceptions, and by the end of their set the jewel throne below the graveyard stood empty yet. then, with sbh came a might such of dethroned emperors, and a perfect confluence of slicing guitars, battering drums, and heaving bass as have come to pass few times before. the shit in the pit must be opened up.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon April 1st, 2019, 6:54 am

zla vydra wrote:
Sun March 31st, 2019, 12:05 pm
Extremely impressive performance. Really liked the extended leads, which contained zero wankery, just kick-ass thrash shredding. The guitarist who didn't do vocals had the Mike Scaccia faster-than-the-speed-of-light picking hand thing going.

Nice crowd when I arrived, but man, things started to drag with Withered. I've always thought those guys were much better in theory than practice. I wish Brutality had gone on before them. I only made it to "Cries of the Forsaken," then had to wave the white flag, with an hour drive home looming.
Is your first paragraph about Steel Bearing Hand?

Brutality played Cryptorium after Cries of The Forsaken and called it a night.

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Mon April 1st, 2019, 8:18 am

ratanda wrote:
Mon April 1st, 2019, 6:54 am
zla vydra wrote:
Sun March 31st, 2019, 12:05 pm

Is your first paragraph about Steel Bearing Hand?

Brutality played Cryptorium after Cries of The Forsaken and called it a night.
Yes.

On one hand, I didn't miss too much. On the other, that's exactly the song I didn't want to miss...