Brighter Death Now - 3/7

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Brighter Death Now - 3/7

Post by Brian » Sun February 24th, 2019, 11:52 am

Not metal but Cold Meat Industry is influential enough to justify the post. 3/7 at the Bakery.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Re: Brighter Death Now - 3/7

Post by MS_39455 » Sun February 24th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Holy fuck! Where did you see this? I can't find any info? This WILL be mandatory. Seeing Mental Destruction was my once in a lifetime CMI claim until now.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sun February 24th, 2019, 1:15 pm

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun February 24th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Well, fuck me. I'm absolutely there.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu March 7th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Tonight.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri March 8th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Spill the beans!

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri March 8th, 2019, 4:54 pm

Well... I missed the opening act, but I would not be disappointed. The first performance I saw was a guy playing an amplified 2 x 4 and a miked upturned bar stool through an HM 2 knock off and some other pedal type processors until all of his gear crapped out into total silence right in the middle of one of his dimensional lumber assaults upon the beleaguered bar stool. That ended his set.

Next was a guy that I was surprised to see on stage since I had watched him pound beers and "energy pills" all night while regularly bypassing the bathroom at the exit of the building to take a slashing huge piss in the middle of the mostly empty parking lot while shouting to anyone within earshot to "remember that the world is our toilet." I realized that he was indeed the next act when he grabbed a mic on stage and stated in various ways that he was refusing to begin his set until Roger from Brighter Death Now came back into the building from outside from where he was having a drink. Roger kindly obliged and the guy plugged his pedal/device/whatever-it-was after putting his aviators on and begins conjuring this theremin like Forbidden Planet type sound while sort of slow motion dancing and occasionally freeze-frame posing for dramatic effect. This went on for a little while. He either actually new Roger and his partner or recently became acquainted with them (presumably that evening before the show) because he convinced them to actually accompany him with their own gear at one point. This went on for a little while. Satisfied with his time he was obligingly convinced to leave the stage to allow Brighter Death Now to seamlessly segue into their set hugging, swilling drink, and high fiving him back into the audience. This went on for a while.

BDN's set seemed mostly improvised (as I should've guessed). I recognized many samples, but the only "song" I could really pick out was from May They All Be Dead which turned out to be their final of the set. The usual massive distorted fuzzverbed as fuck cyclic bass guitar slabs over creepy samples and Roger's equally drenched vocals were unbelievably fucking loud while he occasionally scrubbed on an electric violin with corresponding cacophony. There couldn't have been more than 30 people there the entire night, but everyone was pretty in to it. BDN was way more laid back than I had imagined and relied somewhat on audience participation. The bass player passed his guitar off to a random person in the audience at one point (to run take a piss I believe) and let them run the show for a while. A box of wine was produced some time in the night and the duo space bag style guzzled it in turns throughout their set. They were actually way cool and were totally ready to party after the show.

This was my first time to the Bakery. I mostly liked it. Their PA can take a beating and they have the biggest fucking mixing console I've ever seen outside of an arena. I get an Eyedrum/Wonderoot vibe from this place mixed with vague hazy shitty fond memories of PS Warehouse nights down the street. I enjoyed everything that I witnessed this fair eve.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Fri March 8th, 2019, 6:00 pm

I ate tacos with your wife.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri March 8th, 2019, 10:04 pm

haha t has a wife
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sat March 9th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Don't tell my girlfriend.