MASS DESTRUCTION METAL FEST IV

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

Re: MASS DESTRUCTION METAL FEST IV

Post by Matt » Sun November 7th, 2021, 2:00 am

melkor wrote:
Fri November 5th, 2021, 7:00 am
Matt wrote:
Thu November 4th, 2021, 10:11 pm
Probably. He spelled his favorite band wrong like 15 times in that post. Ac/dc and accept don’t suck though.
your favorite bands don't stand a chance; black n blue, bitch, malice, ratt, avatar, metallica, pendomiu, demon flight, don't stand a CHANCE. sirith ungol man
It’s cirith not sirith and what the fuck are you talking about?
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon November 8th, 2021, 7:16 am

Today hurts so bad, but was so worth it. Stellar weekend again. I thoroughly enjoyed every single band I watched (only missed Impure), but Exciter and Cirith Ungol fucking destroyed that place last night. Holy shit, that truly was epic in every real sense of the word. It really was some of the most fun I've had at any fest anywhere on the planet.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon November 8th, 2021, 7:44 am

I just came here to brag that after 5 years of bullshitting with Scott Carlson online about horror movies I finally shook his hand in the flesh, and then he called me out from stage before a song. Haha holy shit.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon November 8th, 2021, 1:14 pm

Azrael wrote:
Mon November 8th, 2021, 7:44 am
I just came here to brag that after 5 years of bullshitting with Scott Carlson online about horror movies I finally shook his hand in the flesh, and then he called me out from stage before a song. Haha holy shit.
can confirm this happened and it ruled. full report at 11
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Tue November 9th, 2021, 9:50 am

every single band ruled. every one. i can think of very few other shows of this size where that could be the case, certainly none that i've been to.

friday night cenotaph ruled supreme. a whole mess of tracks off of the monumental gloomy reflections. exactly the kind of disgusting mexican dm i've been needing. vio-lence was a blast, and of course suffo was tight as fuck. i saw charlie from sadrit literally fall to his knees from intensity during pierced from within.

saturday was no exception to being exceptional either. asm started it off right. i've always liked their material but they sounded exceptionally bestial that night. thornspawn dropped, so we had extended sets from evoken, nucyoular ass alt, and repulsion, and boy were all three a treat. evoken easily managed to capture the suffocating dread laden atmosphere of their records and was the highlight of the night for me. just wish they played pavor nocturnus. nuclear assault took a sharp left turn from there but somehow it still seemed natural. so many great fuckin tunes from them, and john connelly's still got the voice (who knew patton oswald could sing?). repulsion was... you just had to be there. perfect.

sunday had expectedly decreased turnout, but no decrease in quality. i'd somehow never listened to malignancy and only caught their set from the back room but it still ruled. total nerds but highly entertaining; you never knew where they were going to take the song next. one of those bands where just trying to keep your head nodding along in time is a game itself, but still heavy as fuck and not pretentious. then we had mal creat, whom nobody can stop. i was pretty stoked to hear a ten cmdnts only set, but 5/10 ain't bad. i must say that the first few songs were sloppier than i expected, but given it's their first show in a while and their first show with ryan on guitar AND vocals it's excusable. still ruled. the highlights of the night here were exciter and KIRITH UNGOL. exciter i had seen once before about 5 years ago, but they seemed even better here. dan beehler is a bright shining beacon in dark times. their new
guitarist is killer as well. and of course... kirith ungol. one of the few old school bands who when they play five tunes off their brand new album i'm actually stoked. what a performance. wish they brought the gong tho!!!
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Tue November 9th, 2021, 2:03 pm

If I had to choose, which apparently I have to, below were the highlights for me

Fri: Monstrosity
Sat: Evoken
Sun: Tie between Exciter/Cirith Ungol

So many great sets though.

Edit: I'll amend this and also say that Exciter probably had the most "professional" type of set, but the excitement of not having seen Cirith Ungol before also added in to their set.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon November 15th, 2021, 12:00 pm

What do y'all think having the various vendors?

I know having the space back there is nice.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon November 15th, 2021, 3:16 pm

I love it. All of the merch was pretty good again this year, but I missed digging for music. The year Hell's Headbangers was there was particularly good. Saved a ton of cash on shipping with the option to pick up at their table. Boris Recs mostly held down the fort alone on music with a few stray CD's and LP's floating around at the other tables this year. Would love to see other labels/distros/dealers eventually want to participate.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?