Melvins/COC/Ministry - March 22

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

Melvins/COC/Ministry - March 22

Post by Matt » Wed March 9th, 2022, 4:27 pm

Tabernacle
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

zla vydra

Re: Melvins/COC/Ministry - March 22

Post by zla vydra » Wed March 23rd, 2022, 8:50 am

Anyone go? I'm assuming the guy with the Ministry back patch was there. :D Big crowd?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Wed March 23rd, 2022, 9:21 am

if I'm thinking of the same guy then that guy moved to kalifornia some number of years ago
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed March 23rd, 2022, 12:07 pm

Yeah was packed
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed March 23rd, 2022, 12:12 pm

Definitely been at more packed Tabernacle shows. I'd guess 2/3 capacity from my vantage point on the floor and even some of that thinned out as the evening went on. Started at 7:00, so I missed CoC completely. Melvins kicked ass as a three piece this time and played for more than an hour. Quietest I think I've ever heard them, though. Uncle Al and friends were loud as fuck and pulled hard from The Mind and Psalm 69 and even a couple of Pailhead songs for the first half. Mostly new stuff later and closed with a Stooges cover of Seek and Destroy. Saw them last in 2008 for the "no seriously, this is the last Ministry tour ever." Unc's looking a little tired these days, but sounded good.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Wed March 23rd, 2022, 3:34 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Wed March 23rd, 2022, 12:12 pm
Definitely been at more packed Tabernacle shows. I'd guess 2/3 capacity from my vantage point on the floor and even some of that thinned out as the evening went on. Started at 7:00, so I missed CoC completely. Melvins kicked ass as a three piece this time and played for more than an hour. Quietest I think I've ever heard them, though. Uncle Al and friends were loud as fuck and pulled hard from A Mind and Psalm 69 and even a couple of Pailhead songs for the first half. Mostly new stuff later and closed with a Stooges cover of Seek and Destroy. Saw them last in 2008 for the "no seriously, this is the last Ministry tour ever." Unc's looking a little tired these days, but sounded good.
They played Pailhead songs when I saw that tour back in 1989 - "Man Should Surrender," perhaps? Did they have the chicken wire at the front of the stage?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed March 23rd, 2022, 7:44 pm

Yeah, four big chain-link panels across the stage.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed March 23rd, 2022, 10:22 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Definitely been at more packed Tabernacle shows. I'd guess 2/3 capacity from my vantage point on the floor and even some of that thinned out as the evening went on.
Yeah it was pretty empty for COC. They were good though. 2/3 sounds about right. Melvins had some sound issues but I thoroughly enjoyed the set. Whatever sound issues were present for Melvins were resolved for ministry. Good seeing you Tommy! Hope to run into again soon.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue April 19th, 2022, 2:45 pm

zla vydra wrote:
Wed March 23rd, 2022, 3:34 pm
MS_39455 wrote:
Definitely been at more packed Tabernacle shows. I'd guess 2/3 capacity from my vantage point on the floor and even some of that thinned out as the evening went on. Started at 7:00, so I missed CoC completely. Melvins kicked ass as a three piece this time and played for more than an hour. Quietest I think I've ever heard them, though. Uncle Al and friends were loud as fuck and pulled hard from A Mind and Psalm 69 and even a couple of Pailhead songs for the first half. Mostly new stuff later and closed with a Stooges cover of Seek and Destroy. Saw them last in 2008 for the "no seriously, this is the last Ministry tour ever." Unc's looking a little tired these days, but sounded good.
They played Pailhead songs when I saw that tour back in 1989 - "Man Should Surrender," perhaps? Did they have the chicken wire at the front of the stage?
I saw that tour in January of '90 in Detroit. It was hands down the weirdest show I had seen, to that point. For a variety of reasons.