ProgPower USA

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Thrashmania

ProgPower USA

Post by Thrashmania » Tue May 31st, 2022, 1:22 pm

There are folks all over FB in a 'Atlanta Metal Heads' group that are giving tickets away to this thing. I just lucked in to a free pass for Wednesday to see Hypocrisy and, Flotsam & Jetsam.

If I weren't going to be out of town this weekend, I'd have taken the whole ride of tickets.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Re: ProgPower USA

Post by melkor » Tue May 31st, 2022, 2:04 pm

hypocrisy played a whole bunch of fast old shit at mdf because, in ol' pete t's words, "i gots the feelings that's what yous guys wants to hears." I expect that might not hold true for the peepee-usa set, but I'm sure it will be awesome regardless. did you see tickets for the day riot is playing as well? not that i think i would be able to make it, just curious.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Wed June 1st, 2022, 3:26 pm

Literally tickets for every day, in abundance. Curious how many got snagged up.

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Thu June 2nd, 2022, 8:15 am

Looks like Flots played a pretty cool set.

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Sun June 5th, 2022, 10:19 am

I wished Hypocrisy would play on a Saturday instead of a Wednesday.

Ihsahn was just boring, but it's nice to see the lead Emperor in the flesh in person. Sadly not one Emperor song covered. Only Iron Maiden's "Wrathchild" (with french horn and trumpets dooting to the tune).

Turilla / Lione Rhapsody played their "cover songs" from Rhapsody (of Fire) band, some songs are good but everything else, including the stuff in between it was damn uncomfortably awkward.

Fortunately, Riot (V) is the winner of that night. They ruled. They should have been the top to close the show.