Hell's Heroes

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

zla vydra

Hell's Heroes

Post by zla vydra » Mon March 25th, 2024, 9:23 am

Too bad you guys missed it. I saw Dan from Malformity there but didn't recognize anyone else from Atlanta. Highlights for me were Solitude Aeturnus, Forbidden and Rotting Christ. I hadn't seen SA since 1995, Forbidden since 2010 and and had never seen RC. The latter played kind of a short set. Seemed like they had time for another two songs. I'm not a huge Queensryche fan, but they were impressive as well. Sodom was cool and it seemed like they tried to crank out at least one song from every album. "Surfin' Bird" was an odd choice.

To me, the only really disappointing performance was from Omen. I've never been a big fan, but they produced some decent songs. Kenny Powell seemed to be playing with mittens, and they didn't bust out the "Cyber lust" tune. Cirith Ungol was also just ok. Not sure why I was expecting more, but Tim Baker isn't going to win any award for greatest frontman.

Stygian Crown and Cauchemar were nice surprises among the indoor sets that I caught.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Re: Hell's Heroes

Post by MS_39455 » Mon March 25th, 2024, 10:30 am

Glad it went well. Really hated to miss this year. How was the weather? Heard the outdoor stage was closed at one point.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

zla vydra

Re: Hell's Heroes

Post by zla vydra » Mon March 25th, 2024, 11:06 am

It rained on Thursday, so it stayed fairly muddy throughout. Good thing they had the foresight to install turf in front of the stage. Friday and Saturday weather was perfect, if not a little roasty directly in the sun. There was lightning nearby on Thursday night, so they made everyone clear out (next door to the Raven Tower) while it passed by. There as about an hour delay, so Autopsy got cut short, and Candlemass may have cut one song.