Porcupine Tree this saturday 9/24

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

Porcupine Tree this saturday 9/24

Post by Greg » Wed September 21st, 2005, 3:40 pm

Seemed like the last show got a really good response here and brought out a few people I'd have never pegged as PT fans in a million years.

They're playing again at the Masq this saturday, anyone else going to it? We'll be giving away tickets to it on the show in a couple of days.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Wed September 21st, 2005, 4:23 pm

I'll be holding you personally responsible if this show sucks.
The latest album is so goddamn overproduced, I figure they have to be better live...

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed September 21st, 2005, 4:39 pm

Like I said, people I'd have never pegged as PT fans...

They are a good live band not so much in terms of presence as ability. It will be a chance to rest your neck for a weekend.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Wed September 21st, 2005, 4:56 pm

Adrian Belew is also at the Variety Playhouse this Sunday. That should be an interesting show as well, for the more adventurous out there. Hopefully this time PT will play something off of Signify and if they're really stoned, maybe something off of The Sky Moves Sideways...

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu September 22nd, 2005, 10:28 pm

Guess who joins the tour with Porcupine Tree two days after they play Atlanta....fucking Robert Fripp! Grrrrrrrrrrrr.........

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri September 23rd, 2005, 4:28 am

I think I sorta committed to working overtime this weekend both days (I'm currently employed by FEMA, not by (ahem) my usual government agency), but I'm gonna see about going to the PT show.

Then again, after seeing them at the Roxy, isn't the Masquerade a bit of a step down?

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri September 23rd, 2005, 6:42 am

omg, a fed.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sat September 24th, 2005, 1:41 pm

Fn Dan wrote:Guess who joins the tour with Porcupine Tree two days after they play Atlanta....fucking Robert Fripp! Grrrrrrrrrrrr.........
FUCK! I've always wanted to see Robert Fripp's solo show.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun September 25th, 2005, 12:02 pm

This was a great show, I was impressed by a) the size of the crowd (probably about 6-700), b) their diversity (entire families complete with 8-year old kids throwing horns were there), and 3) PT's sound - their sound was 100% better and clearer than their last show at the Roxy, mostly because they brought their own sound guy with them this time, plus this was the second date of this tour as opposed to the last date of the tour the last time.

Much different set list this time too, lots of older, more obscure PT this time around since they weren't touring to support a new album.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon September 26th, 2005, 3:34 pm

It was a very good show. I do agree with Paul though, that PT haven't gotten the best set closer selection. Last time it was "Trains", and this time it was "Radioactive Toy", both a bit anticlimactic to end a set. It was a great weekend for shows, because Adrian Belew FUCKING RULED! Definitely the best show I've seen this year...you guys don't know what you missed. ;)

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri October 7th, 2005, 3:19 am

It -was- a great show.

Even with the weird song-order in the setlist. Greg, how many times did I look back at you and say "they shoulda wrapped up with THAT one!" ?

I got a few pics at the show, but since I wasn't that close to the stage, they don't look all that great and I don't feel like trying Picasa to fix 'em up. The aftershow pic of me and Steve came out, but as usual, I look like shit. :twisted: