Soulfly/Bloodsimple cancelled- FREE Bloodsimple/Withered sho

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

withered

Soulfly/Bloodsimple cancelled- FREE Bloodsimple/Withered sho

Post by withered » Fri October 14th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Hey everyone, just spreading the word that apparently the SoulFly/Bloodsimple show for this sunday @ the masquerade has been cancelled (along with every other sunday show) due to recent legislation in the city of Atlanta. In a recent course of action Bloodsimple organized a FREE concert to happen at Alley Cat (Underground Atlanta). they invited Withered (us) to play and there will be one more band TBA. Sooooo.....don't miss the opportunity and come down to a FREE FUCKING SHOW!!!!

Apparently, the only way a venue can have shows on sundays now is if they happen to serve food. So, that's what I heard.

See you there!!

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sun October 16th, 2005, 11:52 pm

Whoa, what is this new legislation!?

BurialRitesRawkStar

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Mon October 17th, 2005, 12:32 am

Not really new legislation......the Masquerade's liquor license is under a restaurant law as apposed to a bar law. This is what allows them to have all ages shows. Under this law you have to be able to sell a certain percentage of food to your alcohol sales to be open on Sundays, and the Masquerade does not sell that much food.

withered

Post by withered » Mon October 17th, 2005, 8:25 am

thanks for the clarification. I wasn't clear on the details. Just passing on what I was told. Interesting development though. The show last night was pretty good. The place was probably 60% full so I'd say maybe 100 people came out. Oh, and i ate a good grilled chicken sandwich. yummy.

Mike

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon October 17th, 2005, 9:36 am

How is alley cat's for shows? I think the Exhumed show is going to happen there.

withered

Post by withered » Mon October 17th, 2005, 10:17 am

It's about the right size for that kind of show. being in undergruond, it's kinda tough to get to but they serve booze until 4am!!!! I'd def play there again. The sound could be a little better but that's probably because the board is to the right of the stage so the sound man can't really hear the mix while at the board. Monitors were good for us.

Mike

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon October 17th, 2005, 11:04 am

Thanks for the info. That's good to hear.

waited

Post by waited » Mon October 17th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Fuck! I didn't know you guys were playing that show!

withered

Post by withered » Mon October 17th, 2005, 2:48 pm

yeah, I tried to let everyone know via myspace, email, etc. It was put together on friday so we were all just scrambling to make it happen. Luckily it came together and everything was cool.

Strange

Post by Strange » Mon October 17th, 2005, 2:58 pm

Datsch the shitty of Atlanta fo ya.

Why this fucking hole's government is so intent on shutting down it's own nightlife is beyond me.

Strange
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Mon October 17th, 2005, 6:04 pm

Its because of all of those darn coloreds!

Strange

Post by Strange » Tue October 18th, 2005, 12:54 pm

stalindrummer wrote:Its because of all of those darn coloreds!
Actually, that is the answer to "Why are there so many drive-bys in Clayton County?" but thanks for playing.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

dave slocum

Post by dave slocum » Tue October 18th, 2005, 6:29 pm

heard it was cool! We we're asked to play as well, but we're in Providence with 3 inches of blood.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue October 18th, 2005, 11:56 pm

BurialRitesRawkStar wrote:Not really new legislation......the Masquerade's liquor license is under a restaurant law as apposed to a bar law. This is what allows them to have all ages shows. Under this law you have to be able to sell a certain percentage of food to your alcohol sales to be open on Sundays, and the Masquerade does not sell that much food.
Ah, we had that shit when I lived in Auburn. The ratio had to be 51% to 49%, though I don't remember which was food and which was alcohol. All the bars in Auburn (all 2 or 3 of them) operated as restaurants during the day to get meet the ratio.

BurialRitesRawkStar

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Wed October 19th, 2005, 12:27 am

Ah, we had that shit when I lived in Auburn. The ratio had to be 51% to 49%, though I don't remember which was food and which was alcohol. All the bars in Auburn (all 2 or 3 of them) operated as restaurants during the day to get meet the ratio.
Yeah, same shit......cept I think I remember them saying they had to sell 52% food and 48% alcohol to be open on Sundays.