6 - 6 - 06 Open Thread

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

DeathfareDevil

6 - 6 - 06 Open Thread

Post by DeathfareDevil » Mon June 5th, 2006, 11:12 pm

Why not.

Personally I think the deejays have lost their minds, and at some point Tuesday afternoon I expect to hear an on-air emotional breakdown. Like Ren Hoek talking to his bar of soap.

"Ahhh. This is the good life. Just relax...and let my mind drift."
(Ren and water float out of the tub together) "Yeahhhh. I'll just relax, and think pleasant thoughts...Chicken pot pie!...Chocolate-covered raisins!...Ehh...Glazed ham!..."

(Ren drifts around the room) "Heh...heh...heh...they think I'm CRAZY. But I know better. It is not *I* who am crazy. It is not I who am MAD! Didn'tcha hear 'em? Didn'tcha see the CROWDS?"

(Ren holds up bar of soap) "Oh my beloved ice cream bar...how I love to lick your creamy center! HOOOWWWWWW..." (bites soap) "...and your oh-so-nutty chocolate covering! You're not like the others...you like the same things I do! Waxed paper...boiled football leather...dog breath...We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're RIDING!"

Off we go, riding indeed.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Tue June 6th, 2006, 6:11 am

if i can DJ for 12 hours straight, they certainly can do it in shifts. emotional breakdowns would be a lot funnier though.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

egg yolkeo

Post by egg yolkeo » Tue June 6th, 2006, 10:48 am

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Wed June 7th, 2006, 10:18 am

Big fucking kudos to Wrekage for pulling this off. It's awesome that WREK went along with it, as well. It definitley made the workday go by a bit quicker. I particulary enjoyed Bob's segment of the day (The applause after apocalyptic visions songs was great), and it was nice Greg busted out some grindier stuff in the late afternoon (thanks for throwing on the 4:20 Brutal Truth request).

egg yolkeo

Post by egg yolkeo » Wed June 7th, 2006, 10:37 am

Ya,Good job everyone at Wrekage

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed June 7th, 2006, 12:07 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote: I particulary enjoyed Bob's segment of the day (The applause after apocalyptic visions songs was great), and it was nice Greg busted out some grindier stuff in the late afternoon (thanks for throwing on the 4:20 Brutal Truth request).
Dude, we told you what we were actually doing in there... if there was any applause it was due to the amazing hand speed Bob was pulling off. When he mentions speed being overrated on these boards, he is only kidding himself. :lol:

I figured it's be best to save the grindier/heavier stuff for rush hour in the hopes of reading the headline "LOCAL RADIO SHOW INCITES DOZENS OF ROAD RAGE INCIDIENTS" in the paper this morning.

Jinglepup

Post by Jinglepup » Wed June 7th, 2006, 2:32 pm

Thanks, Greg for playing my Opeth request right when I was working out too!
I mourn as and with DarkWolfen as our metal hero is gone. :(

"You're Hindu? I didn't think there were any Hindus in Snellville. What, what did I say wrong?"-Me

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Wed June 7th, 2006, 4:03 pm

Haha, actually, my boss listened on his way home about the time you were playing the grindier shit and today I come into work and he's like, "Goddamn that was some crazy shit on 91.1 yesterday! I couldn't tell a damn thing that was going on!"

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed June 7th, 2006, 9:29 pm

i was the radio nazi at work yesterday. i ruled the airways in the shop with an iron fist!

i thought it went great. i honestly listened to metal the entire day and 90% of that was wrekage. i thought that everyone did a great job. personal favorite sets were gregs kickstart to the whole thing, mikes timeline in the morning and bob's magnificent lunch hour.

memorable moments.......

mike starting to play "run to the hills" and cutting it off and saying "I'm going to have to be an indian giver and take that one back" i seriously spit coffee on the counter top.

bob's wonderful cover of "the art of shredding(cheese)"

others.......are up to you folks

i had a co-worker tell me today that his wife asked him why he was being so mean to her last night and he told her "b/c i've been listening to death metal ALL DAY LONG!"

thanks bob for playing my COVEN request. macdonaldland massacre is a much overlooked thrash gem and was tailor made for the metal lunch hour.

GOOD JOB DJ'S!

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu June 8th, 2006, 7:54 am

I enjoyed Mike's metal history lessons (minus the overrated zepplin, of course). Thanks for doing something well thought out.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri June 9th, 2006, 10:18 pm

BoB wrote:I enjoyed Mike's metal history lessons (minus the overrated zepplin, of course). Thanks for doing something well thought out.
I'm gonna be listening to that segment this weekend for sure, when I finally have the time.

Your lunchtime set was great -- I had awakened by then. :)