Will there ever be a Local metal fest??????

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

MaleficSounds

Will there ever be a Local metal fest??????

Post by MaleficSounds » Fri July 10th, 2009, 11:20 am

I've been waiting for something like this to pop up but I hear no leads in this sort of thing at all...... I'm sure it has to deal with the money portion alot in these times but isn't there someplace that you can maybe have a Metal/Beer/Grilling Food/and have a good fucking time outside venue??????? I really don't think it sounds like a bad idea... but why is it soooooo hard to get something awesome like that going.... Maybe the wreckage dudes can host it and and give away tickets to it and stuff. I'm sure everyone in the scene is waiting for it too....

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri July 10th, 2009, 11:40 am

there was the Utter Destruction fest a few years back...that was pretty cool. if you got the $$$, go for it! 8)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri July 10th, 2009, 11:47 am

This is directed towards those who have done something like this in the past...

About how much money does it take to put on a small little fest?

The policy we currently have at WREK for underwriting is that if a person at the station gets underwriting from the company, a percentage of the money can be used for your show. Since I'm the business manager of the station, it's pretty much my job to get underwriting -- I have no choice! So that means that within the next few months there is going to be a good bit of money coming in for WREKage to use. I was thinking t-shirts or bumper stickers, but this sounds like a lot more fun. And I can have t-shirts printed anyway (if there's interest).

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Fri July 10th, 2009, 11:55 am

dude..the benefit is gonna be a mini fest- only 5 bands but not ouside. but we're gonna have food,Beer,Raffles, T'shirts the whole 9. and if this one goes well they'll be more shows like it. Only problem with little tree is that we can only book shows on fridays now. if we can find another venue that's down where we could do a Saturday all dayer, we can make a local metalfest happen every fucking mth man. We've got enough bands and a pretty good brotherhood amongst us that we can make it happen.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri July 10th, 2009, 1:39 pm

Joel from Subrig Destroyer is doing another Devilneck Metalfest in mid August at Lenny's I believe.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

pathfinder

Post by pathfinder » Fri July 10th, 2009, 3:40 pm

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri July 10th, 2009, 3:57 pm

Do look into the Devilneck Metal Fest at Lenny's. August 13 - 15. It appears most of what they have confirmed is a little more stoner oriented (Black Tusk, Sourvein, Withered), which is cool, but I'd love to see some of our more metal metal bands end up on this thing too. I think it would be a great combonation (and a bigger draw). It couldn't hurt to contact Joel. He seems like a cool guy.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri July 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

MS_39455 wrote:Do look into the Devilneck Metal Fest at Lenny's. August 13 - 15. It appears most of what they have confirmed is a little more stoner oriented (Black Tusk, Sourvein, Withered), which is cool, but I'd love to see some of our more metal metal bands end up on this thing too. I think it would be a great combonation (and a bigger draw). It couldn't hurt to contact Joel. He seems like a cool guy.
Let me guess...21+?

I wanna see Sourvein :twisted:

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Fri July 10th, 2009, 4:59 pm

@ Gamefreak..yep Lenny's is 21+...hell, they won't even let a band play that has members under 21. lol All shows at Little Tree are all ages... come on out bro...especailly come to the benefit man. Ur in Cartersville right, ur not far from Rockmart. We might be able to work something out to get ya down there for the shows coming up if ya need a ride. Let me know brother

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Fri July 10th, 2009, 6:00 pm

pathfinder wrote:*ahem* ... helllooo...

http://forum.atlantametal.net/viewtopic.php?t=3245

:P
Nice,

But I think there would be a bigger draw to an outside venue for some reason..... Just feels right for a fest. We could have the wives/girl friends of the band members be apart of the consession stands HAHAHAHA. Making Slushies, hotdogs, drinks hahaha hell yeah. But if sidelines grill is the best we got guess I'll ask.....

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri July 10th, 2009, 10:14 pm

Acidic Consumption wrote:@ Gamefreak..yep Lenny's is 21+...hell, they won't even let a band play that has members under 21. lol All shows at Little Tree are all ages... come on out bro...especailly come to the benefit man. Ur in Cartersville right, ur not far from Rockmart. We might be able to work something out to get ya down there for the shows coming up if ya need a ride. Let me know brother
That sucks

I'll probably come to the benefit...and I have a car so a ride is no problem.