children of bodom is for faggots

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

children of bodom is for faggots

Post by Matt » Sat April 9th, 2005, 12:52 am

FUCK CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!!!
I'm so sick of hearing 15 year olds praise this fucking shitty band. If you want to listen to some good fucking metal atleast listen to IRON MAIDEN or SLAYER or something if you cant handle the brutal shit. I'm sick of watered down pussy shit like Children of Bodom and all the praise they get from kids who have never supported metal in their entire lives! FUCK BODOM.

GAY FUCKING BAND.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Sat April 9th, 2005, 6:42 am

Right. Children of Bodom isn't exactly watered down. It's pretty damn heavy yet is melodic at the same time. Their songs are amazingly complex. Yet catchy.
Also, why are you hanging out with 15 year olds?
Besides, I think its awesome for a young kid to listen to Bodom instead of Limp Bizkit, Mudvayne, or some other shitty numetal.

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Sat April 9th, 2005, 11:08 am

Mike wrote:Besides, I think its awesome for a young kid to listen to Bodom instead of Limp Bizkit, Mudvayne, or some other shitty numetal.
It's the same uninspired filth marketed to the same crowd.

Matt, how are things?

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sat April 9th, 2005, 2:43 pm

i'm not a children of bodom fan, but they are for sure metal and have paid their dues. i wouldn't call them uninspired either considering that they have been around for quite some time playing all over the world long before metal got cool again to the average kid watching mtv.

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Sat April 9th, 2005, 2:56 pm

I meant uninspired as in their music is inane and they write their lyrics last minute in the studio. I try not to take a band's "status" into consideration.

Zane

Post by Zane » Sat April 9th, 2005, 3:19 pm

Cildren of Bodom have been around a while.I think your attitude is an elitist one.Bodom may be the door to kids listening to other bands of stronger calibre. I'm not exactly a Bodom fan, but they are anything but watered down. After seeing them live i have nothing but respect. And furthermore, I hope they get huge inthe states, more metal needs to transcend the undeground, it's too friggin' crowded.

Strangler

Post by Strangler » Sat April 9th, 2005, 4:25 pm

*scratches head* They're pretty good.

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Sat April 9th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Zane wrote:Cildren of Bodom have been around a while.
Hmm, so not only do they suck, but they've been sucking for quite awhile?

Pardon my sardonic attitude, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Post by post » Sat April 9th, 2005, 7:49 pm

I think Children of bodom are a great band with a very original sound, they arent as heavy as others but they play very fast and have a polished sound I like. The guitars and keyboards are awesome and since theyve done such a good job at what they do the next combination of guitars and keyboards are going to have to push into a new direction.

Diaspora

Post by Diaspora » Sat April 9th, 2005, 8:14 pm

I like them a lot and I think Alexi Laiho is quite a good guitarist.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sat April 9th, 2005, 9:51 pm

Children of Bodom sold out when they cut Hate Crew Death Roll, Trashed lost and strung out was just another couple bonus tracks to HCDR, I liked what they did with Hatebreeder back when they started and some of the songs off of Follow The Reaper. But Matt is right, Children of Bodom is the first "Black metal" (not) band newly oriented metalheads get into. Which is a shame because now most metal heads think black metal is this "mall goth" shit you see on ozzfest and other places just because they let out a scream once and a while and sometimes wear a bit of corpse paint. News flash, children of bodom isnt black metal, and this new genre " Melodic Black metal" isnt black metal either. Black metal is about the philosophy behind it more than it was the music, You can go around saying "I hate this I hate that" all you want but until youve burned a church down, You are a resident of one of the scandinavian countries (which bodom is) and you make music which is almost pure, unholy cacophany then you arent black metal. Honestly, I dont know enough about black metal, Kurt is probobly the best one to talk to about that, but I do know that Children of Bodom is not black metal and after their newest two albums probobly could be classified as nu metal.

Sweet a good contreversy thread,

POST PEOPLE!

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat April 9th, 2005, 10:45 pm

I don't like Children of Boredom at all. Does that increase my heterosexual points?

I like Zane's comment about them potentially being a transitional metal band for kids to eventually get hooked on the hard stuff. "If they can get just one kid hooked on good metal, then it's all worthwhile"

Death

Post by Death » Sun April 10th, 2005, 8:59 am

Does that increase your hetrosexual points? You don't need the help but the Swimming Pool (of gay love) Paul needs it. :lol:

Bodom blows bring on the grindcore! :twisted:
bobnoxious wrote:I don't like Children of Boredom at all. Does that increase my heterosexual points?

Strangler

Post by Strangler » Sun April 10th, 2005, 11:54 am

Asrynth wrote:Children of Bodom sold out when they cut Hate Crew Death Roll, Trashed lost and strung out was just another couple bonus tracks to HCDR, I liked what they did with Hatebreeder back when they started and some of the songs off of Follow The Reaper. But Matt is right, Children of Bodom is the first "Black metal" (not) band newly oriented metalheads get into. Which is a shame because now most metal heads think black metal is this "mall goth" shit you see on ozzfest and other places just because they let out a scream once and a while and sometimes wear a bit of corpse paint. News flash, children of bodom isnt black metal, and this new genre " Melodic Black metal" isnt black metal either. Black metal is about the philosophy behind it more than it was the music, You can go around saying "I hate this I hate that" all you want but until youve burned a church down, You are a resident of one of the scandinavian countries (which bodom is) and you make music which is almost pure, unholy cacophany then you arent black metal. Honestly, I dont know enough about black metal, Kurt is probobly the best one to talk to about that, but I do know that Children of Bodom is not black metal and after their newest two albums probobly could be classified as nu metal.

Sweet a good contreversy thread,

POST PEOPLE!

Eh, I think they're labeled melodic "death" metal, but I don't see them in that genre. They're obviously not death metal at all.

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Mon April 11th, 2005, 1:10 pm

I agree, COB is lame.

I happened to ask the 15 year olds what do they like about them, and they said that "the lead singer is hot because he wears eyeliner". wtf.

Most of them were chicks though. But I guess if it can convert more kids into metal and they should eventually get into real metal like Maiden and Preist,