Malefic

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

afuneraloffire89

Post by afuneraloffire89 » Sat June 12th, 2010, 1:56 pm

Severed Faith will play your party shane! so will axial discorrelation.
Malefic should do an Emperor cover.
I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/SeveredFaith
Reverbnation.com/Beeravore

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Sat June 12th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Yes, def some black metal dammit! Fuck Carcass!

afuneraloffire89

Post by afuneraloffire89 » Sat June 12th, 2010, 10:40 pm

I love Carcass! but Black Metal is good too.....

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Sun June 13th, 2010, 6:06 pm

Can't do an Emperor cover without a keyboardist.

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Mon June 14th, 2010, 1:55 pm

afuneraloffire89 wrote:Severed Faith will play your party shane! so will axial discorrelation.
cool man..i'll let u guys know wassup as we get closer. We're(new band) just starting but should have a set list ready before Oct 2.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Wed June 16th, 2010, 1:41 pm

afuneraloffire89 wrote:Severed Faith will play your party shane! so will axial discorrelation.
ya just couldnt help yourselves could ya?

*cough*

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Wed June 23rd, 2010, 10:37 am

Sad to say it but this Thursday will be the LAST show that Malefic plays, its been a long strife for this band and its about time to put it down for a while. The band just had a stroke of bad luck and I'm sure there's people who know how that feels. Our guitarist Adam is moving up to Chicago soon and our bassist Pat is going to study abroad. I don't have it in me to start looking for members again and reteach the music. Its pretty damn hard to find people that you really get along with, are learning and contributing to the music, and just a good friend. I've had a whole lot of fun jamming with all the people I did. A lot of interesting situations hahaha, but all good none the less. I'm not sure if I'm gonna take it upon myself to keep it a solo project so I can keep my creative juices flowing or not. We'll see. On the upper hand Pat is going to take his solo project VIMUR and start playing shows until he leaves to study abroad. I will be helping him out as his second guitarist as long as he's here. Its great music, very atmospheric, dark, blasphemous, and inspiring to the local scene. Thanks to everyone who's been in malefic and to the friends who have supported us whether it was showing up at shows to getting us shows.

afuneraloffire89

Post by afuneraloffire89 » Wed June 23rd, 2010, 10:49 am

Well, its cool that we are playing your last show. sucks that Malefic is breaking up though.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed June 23rd, 2010, 10:55 am

Major bummer. Had heard that this might be the case, but wasn't sure what to believe. Some of my earliest Atlanta memories (or losses of memory) were made at Malefic shows. Cheers dude.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed June 23rd, 2010, 3:17 pm

wow yeah that really sucks. well, it sounds like it's on good terms though. hopefully I can make it in time to catch you guys tomorrow. my job owns me so if it was up to me, I'd be there in time!

@Pat - where are you going? That's cool you get to study abroad...I never did that and I wish I did! 8)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Wed June 23rd, 2010, 7:09 pm

come out to the show this show!!!! there arent any other shows that night. just go to this show, and kick out the jams muthafucka!!!!

lsaldana

Post by lsaldana » Thu June 24th, 2010, 11:44 am

I remember Malefic's first show with the drum machine when you played in our drummer's basement with Obscurum and Abyssus. Good luck man.

I'm interested in hearing VIMUR...

can I get a copy somewhere?

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Thu June 24th, 2010, 1:37 pm

OH yeah, I remember that, hahahaaha. Its been a long road that's for sure. I think we played like 4 shows with a drum machine..... Man that was so ghetto. But thats how you gotta start sometimes. I was telling Kyle from Deceit to get on that even though they don't have a drummer. It works!!!! hahahaha

Pat

Post by Pat » Thu June 24th, 2010, 3:17 pm

Metalfreak wrote:@Pat - where are you going? That's cool you get to study abroad...I never did that and I wish I did! 8)
I'm going to Strasbourg France. Its right on the France/Germany border. I'll be gone this fall semester but I'm extremely excited.
lsaldana wrote:I'm interested in hearing VIMUR...

can I get a copy somewhere?
Right now there are no Vimur demos or promos but there should be pretty soon. Vimur is technically my solo project, but we just recently formed a live band so shows will be happening in the not very distant future. The line up is Devin (Malefic) on guitar, Kyle (Deceit) on bass, Josh (Legions of Astaroth), myself on vocals and guitar.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Thu June 24th, 2010, 10:48 pm

adios