new co-host

discuss the radio show here Into The Void

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, spookyapplesauce

ben

new co-host

Post by ben » Sun February 16th, 2014, 4:14 pm

hey guys, I don't know if anybody here listens to this show, but in any case I thought I should say hi. My name's ben, and I am the newest co-host on WNGTI. I do the 1-2am slot most weeks, with AJ doing the midnight-1am (Lauryn does a midnight-2am set every few weeks). Gimme a call or whatever and let me know if you like what you hear. I've done the show four times so far and have played the following artists (mostly sludge, doom, and black metal), if any of this is relevant to you/entices you to listen:

Wreck and Reference
Uboa
The Body
Pharaoh (the sludge band from new jersey)
Hope Drone
UNRU
Sun Worship
Larvae
Chain Gang Grave
In the Company of Serpents
The Sustained Low 'C' of Richard Strauss' "Also Sprach Zarathustra"
Drudkh
Ethereal Riffian
Subrosa
Black Cobra
Iron Witch
Buried Inside
A God or an Other
This Gift is a Curse
Enabler
Sargeist
Cara Neir
Tombs
Meth Drinker
Gaza
Electric Wizard
Monarque
Anicon
Young Hunter
Austere

thanks for reading, and I hope you tune in some time!

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Sun February 16th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Drudkh and Electric Wizard are cool.

Moloc

Re: new co-host

Post by Moloc » Fri May 9th, 2014, 12:17 pm

ben wrote:hey guys, I don't know if anybody here listens to this show, but in any case I thought I should say hi. My name's ben, and I am the newest co-host on WNGTI. I do the 1-2am slot most weeks, with AJ doing the midnight-1am (Lauryn does a midnight-2am set every few weeks). Gimme a call or whatever and let me know if you like what you hear. I've done the show four times so far and have played the following artists (mostly sludge, doom, and black metal), if any of this is relevant to you/entices you to listen:

Wreck and Reference
Uboa
The Body
Pharaoh (the sludge band from new jersey)
Hope Drone
UNRU
Sun Worship
Larvae
Chain Gang Grave
In the Company of Serpents
The Sustained Low 'C' of Richard Strauss' "Also Sprach Zarathustra"
Drudkh
Ethereal Riffian
Subrosa
Black Cobra
Iron Witch
Buried Inside
A God or an Other
This Gift is a Curse
Enabler
Sargeist
Cara Neir
Tombs
Meth Drinker
Gaza
Electric Wizard
Monarque
Anicon
Young Hunter
Austere

thanks for reading, and I hope you tune in some time!

So, are you taking over the show or are you graduating, too? What's going to happen to the show after the GPB takover?

ben

Post by ben » Mon May 12th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Nah, only Lauryn's graduating. I'm still doing 1-2, and AJ's got 12-1. Though maybe since it's the summer and I'm taking over manic compression, which is 10-midnight on mondays, we'll switch timeslots.

as for your question about GPB.. I don't know. :/ we'll see...

ben

Post by ben » Sun June 8th, 2014, 4:34 pm

I don't know if the takeover will still happen, but the show's not going anywhere regardless. I'll be going on from 12-1 for the rest of the summer.

also, I'll be playing some Skáphe and Emptiness this week if anyone's interested.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat June 21st, 2014, 11:41 am

Wow I must be so far removed because I haven't heard of most of those bands. I haven't lived in Atlanta (or Georgia for that matter) in almost 3 years and just really haven't been keeping up I guess. Too focused on work and stuff.

I hosted this show from late 2005 to mid-2009 when it was still 10-midnight. Every now and then I'd go till 2am (if the hosts for the show after me couldn't make it) and I would do metal freeforms every so often on the weekends. I loved hosting this show & had lots of loyal listeners (some who post on here). I played lots of death, black, thrash, grind, power and whatever folks requested. Most of the time half of what I played were requests. I'm glad to see that it's not going anywhere!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

DrkLrdViper666

Post by DrkLrdViper666 » Thu July 3rd, 2014, 1:10 am

And YOU WERE AN AWESOME HOST on WNGTI Too Amanda!! :D :)
You ALWAYS played my Request A LOT as well!!
YOU ROCKED AMANDA!!
My METAL SISTA!! \\m//
The Dark Lord Of All Things Metal
& Lead Singer/Frontman www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/jimi.newton.9
www.myspace.com/darkevillordviper666

ben

Post by ben » Thu July 3rd, 2014, 12:06 pm

Metalfreak wrote:Wow I must be so far removed because I haven't heard of most of those bands. I haven't lived in Atlanta (or Georgia for that matter) in almost 3 years and just really haven't been keeping up I guess. Too focused on work and stuff.

I hosted this show from late 2005 to mid-2009 when it was still 10-midnight. Every now and then I'd go till 2am (if the hosts for the show after me couldn't make it) and I would do metal freeforms every so often on the weekends. I loved hosting this show & had lots of loyal listeners (some who post on here). I played lots of death, black, thrash, grind, power and whatever folks requested. Most of the time half of what I played were requests. I'm glad to see that it's not going anywhere!
Cool!! Yeah, I wish it was still 12 - 2. We rarely get any calls.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri July 4th, 2014, 8:30 am

Thanks Jimmy!

@Ben- yeah, that kinda stinks. Also sucks GPB is taking over during the day. Hopefully that is short lived.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???