Canopy looking to jam with drummers.

need a drummer...a guitarist....or are you a vocalist wanting to join a band? this is the place to start the journey

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

slut rag

Canopy looking to jam with drummers.

Post by slut rag » Wed February 11th, 2015, 4:20 pm

We need a reliable drummer with a good head on their shoulders. Someone who can actually pay their share of the band rehearsal space rent and would respond in a somewhat timely manner to texts/calls/messages/carrier pigeons about future band practices & shows.

We have shows booked with our current drummer but he makes it hell for us to get together to practice. We'd like to jam with new people in the meantime and see what happens.

Stoner/Doom/Sludge.. is the style of music we aim for so being a "in the pocket", heavy hitting type of drummer would be best.. Some ability with double bass would be utilized as well.

We dig bands such as Neurosis, Rwake, Weedeater, Today is the Day, Cult of Luna, Red Sparrows, Black Sabbath, Isis, Zoroaster, Order of the Owl and many, many more.

You can hear old songs here at this link:
http://canopy1.bandcamp.com/album/e-p-2-0-1-4

Please message me on here and I'll respond back to you relatively quickly. Also, it would be cool if you have music recorded that you've played on that we can listen to so we can get a feel for your style/ability on the drums.

SouthernSludgeMetal

Post by SouthernSludgeMetal » Wed March 11th, 2015, 3:34 pm

Very cool! Sounds like there is some definite talent here. In my opinion you could most definitely use a harder hitting drummer.
Digging the vibes i got off of Interstellar Ark
Keep up the good work!

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Thu March 12th, 2015, 11:49 am

Appreciate the kind words, dude!

Just an update, we've found a more reliable drummer and he kicks ass.

Any moderator who is reading this, please go ahead and delete this post so it doesn't just sit here and take up space.