Metal in unmetal places

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri May 13th, 2016, 12:20 am

Last year, Black Label Society played in a hangar right behind my squadron. Keep in mind I live in the middle of fucking nowhere where the smell of cowshit permeates the air constantly and if I want to see a show, I'm driving at least 3.5 hours. Just last weekend I drove 7 hours one way to Denver to see Amon Amarth! Anyways, no I'm not a huge fan of theirs but they ain't bad either. The fact that the USO brought BLS to my base, right behind my squadron, was absolutely fucking awesome. Nothing ever comes here, not even the shittiest of shitty bands.

Earlier on in the day before the show, they did a meet & greet at the commissary and of course I went. I was wearing my uniform since it was in the middle of the work day of course and got a nice pic of me in my flightsuit with BLS in their band shirts & vests.

Anyways, earlier this week I walk into my shop and right on the freakin door to my shop is that picture of me with BLS! One of my co-workers apparently found it on google while looking for something gunship related, printed it out and stuck it on the door and now everyone is like "hey Murray, nice picture!" That picture has been there all week and will probably stay there for a few more :lol:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Wed May 18th, 2016, 7:21 am

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed May 18th, 2016, 8:32 am

NPR wrote:Children of Bodom is one of the many bands in Finland's vibrant â€â€￾ and unique â€â€￾ heavy metal scene.
No.
President Barack Obama wrote:I do want to point out, that Finland has perhaps the most heavy metal bands in the world, per capita and also ranks high on good governance. I don't know if there's any correlation there.
I really don't think so, but that's funny.
Albert Mudrian: editor-in-chief of the heavy metal-loving Decibel Magazine wrote:The metal underground got pretty excited about the President of the United States referencing the Finnish metal scene
I guess you know all about that, Al.

NPR please just fuck off. Just go away and take your glossy friends with you.
Last edited by MS_39455 on Wed May 18th, 2016, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Wed May 18th, 2016, 9:46 am

i sprayed my chips n beer rag with polyurethane; can npr review crystal logic now?
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed May 18th, 2016, 11:03 am

Albert Mudrian: editor-in-chief of the heavy metal-loving Decibel Magazine wrote:Crystal what?

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Wed May 18th, 2016, 3:05 pm

I don't think it's NPR who should fuck off; I think it's the president in this case. Way to pander to the metal vote. Geez!

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Thu May 19th, 2016, 9:04 am

Moloc wrote:I don't think it's NPR who should fuck off; I think it's the president in this case. Way to pander to the metal vote. Geez!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Fri August 19th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Metal in umetal places?

How about that new Metallica song?

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu September 15th, 2016, 1:46 pm

Perusing the Dick Blick catalog:

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Fri September 30th, 2016, 6:35 am

Moloc wrote:Metal in umetal places?

How about that new Metallica song?
I like it less now than when I first heard it. I still like it. It's the best we can hope for from them at this point.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Fri September 30th, 2016, 6:41 am

Took the kids ice skating with some friends a while back. I did not skate. Through the window my buddy and I made fun of a guy in a Master of Puppets shirt. I later realized that I shouldn't have been making fun of the guy because, A) Master is a great album and B) I didn't have the balls to get out on the ice in the first place. I was just jealous.

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Tue October 11th, 2016, 9:40 pm

A guy wearing a Ride the Lightning shirt today standing in line at a Chik fil A.

At breakfast time no less....looked pretty incongruous.

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Wed October 12th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Forgot to mention this one, but at my school students wear uniforms except for the last Friday of the month. One of the 5th graders was in a Black Cobra shirt. Strange!
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon January 2nd, 2017, 5:15 pm

some guy in a transilvanian hunger tee at the new jonquil publix
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon January 2nd, 2017, 5:17 pm

melkor wrote:i sprayed my chips n beer rag with polyurethane; can npr review crystal logic now?
MS_39455 wrote:
Albert Mudrian: editor-in-chief of the heavy metal-loving Decibel Magazine wrote:Crystal what?
these are quality posts. thanks for reminding me about them, me