Esoteric Cults of L’atemat Nalta

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Esoteric Cults of L’atemat Nalta

Post by melkor » Mon June 11th, 2018, 3:37 pm

mississ’s post about dwarf dickinson at the jack’s pizz parking lot got to me a thinkin about other unspoken legends of the ATLANTA METAL. things that shake your minds and hearts to the very core. things that are astounding and wonderous. things that baffle the senses with absurdity, like mastohinds spraying the basement wall with runny brown rangus.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Re: Esoteric Cults of L’atemat Nalta

Post by melkor » Mon June 11th, 2018, 3:39 pm

if i were to embroider some remnants for a quilt the centerpiece would be kagan getting kicked in the chest by the guy from perdition temple
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon June 11th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Brian spiderwalking the Jack's ceiling.

Legendary.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon June 11th, 2018, 5:26 pm

The collective forum postings of SV

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon June 11th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Brian wrote:
Mon June 11th, 2018, 5:26 pm
The collective forum postings of SV
Taking to SV on the back patio of Jack’s while sitting at a table, watching him calmly get up, walk over to the fence and yak, then sit back down and continue the conversation.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue June 12th, 2018, 8:19 am

Virtually every PS Warehouse show in my humble opinion. Everyone going apeshit on the weed tank during Cannabis Corpse, people taking turns standing in the garbage can full of bottle, cans, and vomit right in the middle of the pit of berserkers at Capitalist Casualties, watching a very drunk Henke from Nominon wobbling around on Wells St. after the show with a gigantic hairbrush screaming in pain while raking out wicked tangles from his flowing locks... and those are the ones I can remember!
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Tue June 12th, 2018, 10:05 am

People throwing a fit in the line to get in the Metroplex when it came to light that Death didn't bother to show up for their show on the Leprosy tour. Kinetic Dissent and Ghost Story saved the day.

Carcass stopping their Heartwork set in 1994 due to some "Sieg Heil!" bullshit from the crowd.

Getting into the Voivod show at the Excelsior Mill for free in 1988. They had upturned tables serving as a barrier between the band and crowd. FUCT from Chattanooga played last.

Best of all, chairs on the floor of the Omni going everywhere as horrified "security" looked on during "Angel of Death" on the Clash of the Titans tour.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue June 12th, 2018, 11:29 am

zla vydra wrote:
Tue June 12th, 2018, 10:05 am
Getting into the Voivod show at the Excelsior Mill for free in 1988. They had upturned tables serving as a barrier between the band and crowd. FUCT from Chattanooga played last.
Was there a stage then? I moved here in '05. Only heard stories about when it was a movie theater. Screen was up in Heaven, right? RIP for good this time.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Tue June 12th, 2018, 12:02 pm

I enjoyed watching some dude eat bible pages front row during Demoncy's set. I was standing on the side of the stage doing everything I could to not bust out laughing.

I had a lot of fun during that Jacks time-frame. Still remember getting 2 slices of pepperoni and onion plus the dollar highlife for $6.66.

Hindsight, they should have marketed that as the 'Satan Special'. Sales would have skyrocketed.

That Nominon show at PS Warehouse was great! Dude was staring right at me, while trying to get the crowd to mosh and I just shook my head no. He looked so disappointed. Then I saw him later sprawled out in the parking lot.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Wed June 13th, 2018, 4:11 pm

i’m using the secret wrekage show archive page to find these 585 shows viz. cannabis corp capitalist casualties nominom, but they weren’t recorded!

when was the last desecration of wells st anyway?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed June 13th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Last one I was at was Argentinum Astrum, Living Decay, Locusta, and Sadistic Ritual on 8/5/10. The one and only show I attended at the "new" PS Warehouse one building over on Metropolitan. Everyone helped build a new stage a few weeks before and then everything just kind of went dead shortly thereafter.

edit: Jesus christ. The first PS Warehouse show I have on my list was Withered, Spewtilator, Devil Worshiper, and Buried with Children on 2/13/09 (Friday the 13th). That's barely a year and a half. So many awesome shows in such a short period of time.

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Wed June 13th, 2018, 9:25 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Tue June 12th, 2018, 11:29 am
zla vydra wrote:
Tue June 12th, 2018, 10:05 am
Was there a stage then? I moved here in '05. Only heard stories about when it was a movie theater. Screen was up in Heaven, right? RIP for good this time.
The "stage" might have been about 6 inches high. I don't remember it being a cinema, but it might have been before I moved here (1986). Went to two shows there before it became the Masquerade - Danzig (first album) and the aforementioned Voivod/Vio-lence.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri June 15th, 2018, 2:22 pm

I saw the first Vimur show at that weird short lived second 585 building. Only thing weirder than the vibe inside was when we walked outside and saw an old black woman crackhead fight. They were fighting over some stinky old crackhead dude. One was slowly shambling behind the other slowly hitting hitting her with a broom stick while the dude was having the time of his life laughing at the woman fighting over him. I was standing with alex and paige and we were all just watching in awe, mouths open in disbelief.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri June 15th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Azrael wrote:
Fri June 15th, 2018, 2:22 pm
I saw the first Vimur show at that weird short lived second 585 building. Only thing weirder than the vibe inside was when we walked outside and saw an old black woman crackhead fight. They were fighting over some stinky old crackhead dude. One was slowly shambling behind the other slowly hitting hitting her with a broom stick while the dude was having the time of his life laughing at the woman fighting over him. I was standing with alex and paige and we were all just watching in awe, mouths open in disbelief.
Ha, ha... I almost forgot about that. I guess I was there that night too because I do remember thinking that she was eventually going to splinter that thing over her skull as hard as she was swinging. Right in the middle of Metropolitan Parkway no less.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat June 16th, 2018, 8:29 am

Iron Maiden Heavy Metal Parking Lot